Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Where to find reliable ammo supplies

hi guys...

which shop would you guys recommend to find good ammo 9mm (taking price out)... in pta jhb area.

some of the shops in pta just have nga, pmp... md217 im talking about gold dots, saber etc...

i dnt mind the travel to jhb.

thanks.

User

Default Re: Where to find reliable ammo supplies

Ror123
    Finding decent 9x19 JHP's is becomming a major problem, not just here but in the U.S as well.
    Doesn't bode well for us as we get the 'scraps' off the table when it comes to imported ammo, Winchester/Speer/Remington etc have to service their local market before they're going to
    export to us.

The only decent 9x19 JHP's available at moment are 147gr Remington Golden Sabers, I know VLT in Pta had stock.
    Generally Camdix has the best variety, but nothing decent lately in 9x19. Great variety available in .40S&W though.

Thanks, you've just given me a great reason to get a 40!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Armed Preacher
    Thanks, you've just given me a great reason to get a 40!
    Or to start reloading.

Quote Originally Posted by Brendank
    Ror123
    Finding decent 9x19 JHP's is becomming a major problem, not just here but in the U.S as well.

The only decent 9x19 JHP's available at moment are 147gr Remington Golden Sabers, I know VLT in Pta had stock.
    Generally Camdix has the best variety, but nothing decent lately in 9x19.
    Ikor would probably know better, but it does seem as if the "panic buying" is abating in the US. Certain areas do seem to "retain" some stock again.
    Scalpers and hoarders are now taken out of the equation as well. But it could still take some months before anything arrives

I've been patiently waiting for Corbon DPX for yonks. Got one clip left. idf24
    Recently I've placed my name on the backorder list with my fave local gunshop, for that elusive container with the Speer Gold Dots.
    Customer service is still important with them. happy0065

What's the odds on that consignment being sold out many times over before it reaches our shores???

FWIW, Magtech "might" pop up again. I suppose beggars can't be choosers any more. lv29

User

Quote Originally Posted by 92FS
    [
    Recently I've placed my name on the backorder list with my fave local gunshop, for that elusive container with the Speer Gold Dots.

What's the odds on that consignment being sold out many times over before it reaches our shores???

and which dealer might that be?

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Ranger

and which dealer might that be?
    Ranger .... that's a tough one!
    Tomorrow their list is going to be a mile long! confused0068

In the N'Surbs of Slaapstad.
    Not too difficult to work that one out?

Friendly crowd, being around for many, many years.
    Of the best assistance when the FCA fiasco hit us.

User

Ror123

Generally Camdix has the best variety, but nothing decent lately in 9x19.
    Ikor would probably know better, but it does seem as if the "panic buying" is abating in the US. Certain areas do seem to "retain" some stock again.
    Scalpers and hoarders are now taken out of the equation as well. But it could still take some months before anything arrives

FWIW, Magtech "might" pop up again. I suppose beggars can't be choosers any more. lv29
    92FS
    How did you manage to get your hands on DPX ammo? I didn't know it had ever been around in S.A, must've been a very small batch.
    Wasn't Rosenthals the agent for Cor-Bon?

92FS
    How did you manage to get your hands on DPX ammo? I didn't know it had ever been around in S.A, must've been a very small batch.
    Nope, let me rephrase.
    I got plain vanilla Cor-Bon JHP – one clip +1 left – and have been patiently waiting for DPX to become available.

It seems to be an agency somewhat floating at the moment. Anybody with a fresh update, will have my ears immediately.

There was a crowd in Diepriver, who was looking into bringing a shipment out to SA, but for some reason it did not materialise.
    Shipment too small, price too high, not enough interest, which I doubt, – I don't know? It just did not happen.
    If it does ever happen while we still have FA's, and it's the correct pressure, I'll pay top mint for it on the drop of a penny.

It's been the most consistent ammo I have been using for 15 years now.
    The Obama panic and the final weeks of 60/2000 with uncertain 523's and whatnot, has just thrown a bad spanner in the works for most of us looking for good quality 9 mil.

For now I'll wait for the Speers, test a batch and keep the rest for SD carry.

User

92FS
    Nope, let me rephrase.
    I got plain vanilla Cor-Bon JHP – one clip +1 left – and have been patiently waiting for DPX to become available.

It seems to be an agency somewhat floating at the moment. Anybody with a fresh update, will have my ears immediately.

There was a crowd in Diepriver, who was looking into bringing a shipment out to SA, but for some reason it did not materialise.
    Shipment too small, price too high, not enough interest, which I doubt, – I don't know? It just did not happen.
    If it does ever happen while we still have FA's, and it's the correct pressure, I'll pay top mint for it on the drop of a penny.

It's been the most consistent ammo I have been using for 15 years now.
    The Obama panic and the final weeks of 60/2000 with uncertain 523's and whatnot, has just thrown a bad spanner in the works for most of us looking for good quality 9 mil.

For now I'll wait for the Speers, test a batch and keep the rest for SD carry.
    Ah! I managed to get 3 boxes of the 115gr +P 9mmP some time ago, shot most of them out, but still have 20 or so left.
    Very potent carry rounds, probably rivaling the hottest 115gr JHP available commercially. Penetration would possibly be a concern though.
    Why not try Camdix, I know they had a stack of 115gr & 124gr Sierra Sportsmaster JHP bullets for reloading.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast