Thread: Buckstalker

User

Default Buckstalker

Hey guys
    Is there someone here that shoots the traditions buckstalker? How would you say is the overall performance of the gun. Thanks in advance for all comments

Rayner

User

Default Re: Buckstalker

No one?!

User

PM Smokepole,he might be able to give you some advise or point you in the direction of someone who does.

User

Well I dont have one but if you look at the specs 24" barrell 1:28 twist its pretty much the same as other traditions guns only shorter barrel. Sabbots will give you the best accuracy you can hope for because thats just what these guns were made for point.
    Is yours the new model with quick release breachplug? (no tools needed to remove it)

User

Hi Rayner

In my opinion all the modern range of Muzzleloaders are manufactured from good quality materials and have all the features you need for a reliable and accurate Muzzleloader. Having said that, its also important you like the look and feel of the rifle you are about to purchase. The only bit of advice I would like to share with you is the smaller the barrel the more recoil you will feel. I have noticed when i shoot the 24" and then shoot the 26" that there is a noticeable difference in the kick. Also keep in mind that a longer barrel does help with accuracy on the longer range shots.

So to answer your original question regarding the overall performance, the buck stalker (in my opinion) is a lovely gun made by a company that knows their Muzzleloaders.

Hope this helps

User

Hey BSA I haven't bought one yet still thinking about it, its new so it is probably the quick release breech plug.

Still looking through the price lists you sent me Smokepole a lot of lovely guns. I just can't make up my mind, I don't have a huge budget that's why I'm looking at the cheaper models. I see there's also a compact version of the buckstalker available is it just stock dimensions that differs between the compact and standard version? And I don't mind the recoil its part of the fun.

User

If you still haven't made up your mind, I thought I'd share my limited knowledge(almost all of it second hand, so take it with a pinch of salt). I've got a Traditions Vortek and I'm very impressed with it! The finish is excellent and shoots really well out of the box. I'm sure the Buckstalker will be great as well! From what I have heard, the CVA Wolf is an excellent rifle and isn't too fussy about what you feed it in terms of bullets and powder, spiting out a great group with a large variety of loads. Maybe have a look at the too? Its in your price range. The only thing I dont like about the CVA's is the lack of open sights as I like the option.

Here's a Buckstalker review
    http://www.southernmuzzleloading.com...er-budget.html