Thread: transfer

User

Default transfer

Hello folks

My late father has a few weapons in his name and we have decided to sell most of them

I however wish to transfer a shotgun into my name for recreational purpose and self defense if permitted in that category.

Is it true that a lawyer must do it for me, i.e helping me get it into my name

I have heard that my application will be rejected if not

Default Re: transfer

Transfer is not quite the correct word, you'll have to submit a new licence application, after having done your profiency training and submitting an application for competency. Lawyers are sometimes used merely to draw up the motivation behind the application, as you need to submit a proper motivation. It is not necessary that a lawyer do it for you, there are other organisations that do it for you, or you can simply do it yourself if you put your mind to it.

Lawyers' motivations are the best, IMO
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    Lawyers' motivations are the best, IMO
    Oi!

Add the fine-print you bugger!
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

User

Thanks SKaaphaas - maybe i should just sell it too - i forsee a costly exercise ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Defib View Post
    Thanks SKaaphaas - maybe i should just sell it too - i forsee a costly exercise ahead
    NO! It is really not that costly, and you will discover a whole new world which I think you might enjoy. At least look at your options and costs, and decide after that. You'll get LOTS of help here on GS on licencing procedures, and ideas for the motivation.

If you do decide to sell it in the end, please come and advertise it here, that way you know it will go to a good, loving home.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Defib View Post
    Don't decide to do that too hastily, here on the site are some very good examples of motivations, the price of not having a SD weapon might be a lot more expensive.

User

I would keep them all if i could as there are some collectors items too

You are allowed 4 firearms if you are not a dedicated sportsman! Try and keep a minimum of 4

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    NO! It is really not that costly, and you will discover a whole new world which I think you might enjoy. At least look at your options and costs, and decide after that. You'll get LOTS of help here on GS on licencing procedures, and ideas for the motivation.

If you do decide to sell it in the end, please come and advertise it here, that way you know it will go to a good, loving home.
    +1
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]