Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Quote Originally Posted by BigT

It shouldn't have.
    +1

User

Default Re: changing EDC....

Damn right. It would so much sense and make administration much simpler and save everyone a huge head/ball ache.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    This thread has made it clearer than ever that the solution is to licence the owner and not the gun. Buy all the handguns you want, carry whatever tickles your fancy on that day. What is the practical difference between the two guns in your safe? Save for an artificial section number assigned to it in some building in Pta, ZERO.

User

Ok so its established that it is not illegal to carry a sporting gun concealed and in a holster , and use it legaly ,which self-defense is , so its legal to do it ?

User

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanShooter View Post
    Ok so its established that it is not illegal to carry a sporting gun concealed and in a holster , and use it legaly ,which self-defense is , so its legal to do it ?
    As I read it (this thread and FCA), yes.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Infidellic Pagan Scum View Post
    OK, my 2c worth on this whole discussion.
    This is purely my opinion, please read it as such.

Maybe the reason we have three sections (13, 15, and 16) is that a person may wish to participate in sport (15 or 16 depending on his/her "dedication" to his/her sport) without wanting to obtain a SD (13) firearm. He/She then licenses the FA as either Section 15 or 16.

Maybe another person wants a SD firearm, with no intention of participating in sport what so ever, and therefore licenses in Section 13.

This allows citizens to carry firearms without being forced to participate in sporting activities, as well as allowing sport shooters to own more than 1 firearm for their respective disciplines, hence the requirement for several sections of legislation all of which are identical, apart from the requirements for having your application approved. In my opinion it would make more sense to have only 2 sections, Sport and SD, but the crux of the matter remains: nowhere does it state that carrying any legally licensed firearm on your person, at any time of day or night, for any purpose that is not illegal, is an offense.

Therefore, if I wish to take my USP to a friend's house at 22h00 to go show him what I have bought, and I carry it upon my person as is prescribed in the relevant section of the FCA, it is completely legal for me to do so.

If I should draw and use my section 16 licensed USP to stop an attacker from cutting my throat in the street outside my friend's house, I have indeed used the firearm for a legal purpose. What would a reasonable person have done in the same circumstances? That is the question!

Am I complying with the letter of the law? Yes.

Am I comlplying with the spirit of the law? In my opinion, yes.

Problem?
    +1

User

Quote Originally Posted by Errol500 View Post
    As I read it (this thread and FCA), yes.
    Right case closed , Miller time

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15