Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    User

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanShooter View Post
    Well I never cared much for grammer :)
    Or grampa

User

Default Re: changing EDC....

Quote Originally Posted by Billy The Kid View Post
    1) the lawmakers were forgetful, incompetent, idealistic, persecute, guided by GFSA and co, etc.
    Fixed that for you

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Our law , as I understand it , doesn't work like that. There is no offence of "carrying a sport gun in public". Hence there is no offence to charge you with. And a policeman who did what you fear would be acting without legal sanction.if the act doesn't make it unlawful it is not therefore unlawful.

There is no point imagining offences. Lest we find ourselves charged with "owning a penis capable of rape"
    Hole in f*ckn one!!

User

OK, my 2c worth on this whole discussion.
    This is purely my opinion, please read it as such.

Maybe the reason we have three sections (13, 15, and 16) is that a person may wish to participate in sport (15 or 16 depending on his/her "dedication" to his/her sport) without wanting to obtain a SD (13) firearm. He/She then licenses the FA as either Section 15 or 16.

Maybe another person wants a SD firearm, with no intention of participating in sport what so ever, and therefore licenses in Section 13.

This allows citizens to carry firearms without being forced to participate in sporting activities, as well as allowing sport shooters to own more than 1 firearm for their respective disciplines, hence the requirement for several sections of legislation all of which are identical, apart from the requirements for having your application approved. In my opinion it would make more sense to have only 2 sections, Sport and SD, but the crux of the matter remains: nowhere does it state that carrying any legally licensed firearm on your person, at any time of day or night, for any purpose that is not illegal, is an offense.

Therefore, if I wish to take my USP to a friend's house at 22h00 to go show him what I have bought, and I carry it upon my person as is prescribed in the relevant section of the FCA, it is completely legal for me to do so.

If I should draw and use my section 16 licensed USP to stop an attacker from cutting my throat in the street outside my friend's house, I have indeed used the firearm for a legal purpose. What would a reasonable person have done in the same circumstances? That is the question!

Am I complying with the letter of the law? Yes.

Am I comlplying with the spirit of the law? In my opinion, yes.

Problem?
    Last edited by Gunservant; 25-05-2012 at 14:06.

IPS, that is how I see it. I want section 16 because I want more than 200rounds as a limit(no limit would rock). I want to buy a progressive reloader soon. If you have more than 200rounds you are breaking the law with S15 and S13. I want to shoot at competitions but I also want to use it for SD. Why? This is going to be my only pistol due to financial constraints. So either way it will be legal. But I tell you, this confusion gets me. Some proper official fixing this would be nice. So why should I get a S13?

User

The reason for the different sections, as has been stated, is mainly that it is a carry-over from the earlier drafts, when GFSA and the rest wanted to limit the usage of different categories of firearms to only that which is specified in the act.

That was prevented though.

The act does not currently specify any such limited usage. That is not to say that they may not, in future, try to incorporate such limits. We must and will be careful not to let them slip some such limitations in there...

Fact is, there are no such limitations specified, so don't stress about it, FFS! Life is hard enough without going to fetch a baboon behind the mountain as well!

If you don't want to carry your sporting firearm, then don't. But don't try and bullshit other people that it is because of legal reasons - it is because you are impotent in the face of officials abusing their power and interpreting the law based on what side of the bed they got up on that morning.

If we allow them to bully and frighten us into restricting ourselves unreasonably then GFSA might as well close their doors, for it will be mission accomplished for them.
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

User

Can we close the discussion and go for drinks now instead? Problem solved.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Infidellic Pagan Scum View Post
    Can we close the discussion and go for drinks now instead? Problem solved.
    Good idea!

But... May we carry when we have a drink?

:oP

[b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

User

Quote Originally Posted by JS4 View Post
    Good idea!

But... May we carry when we have a drink?

:oP

Hohohohohoooooo! Now THAT is a question for another month, let alone another day! I'll be packing, see you at the 6 Bells!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Infidellic Pagan Scum View Post
    Hohohohohoooooo! Now THAT is a question for another month, let alone another day!
    ;o)

Nah, it's just another in a long line of questions that has been thoroughly examined, debated and thrashed out about a million times before on this forum...

Yet there will always be differing opinions, and more know-it-all newbies who are incapable of searching yet insistent that they (and only they) know all the answers!

Cheers!

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast