Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Funding for GFSA?

I'm curious -- has anyone seen public reports of where GFSA get their funding from (aside from public contributions, which I'm sure is far less than their actual budget).

It'd be interesting to see which NGO's, Corporations and foreign political movements all contribute to their wallet.

And are they a Sec 21 company? Then this has got to be available for public scrutiny, right?

Ciao!
    Eddie

User

Default Re: Funding for GFSA?

...sorry, just along for the ride..

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Hmm... maybe a good case to feed to that friendly SARS investigator?
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

From http://www.gunfacts.co.za/who_is_gunfree.shtml

Gun Free South Africa (GFSA) was formed in 1994 with the stated aim of reducing the number of firearms in South African society.
    Their known funding:
    Oxfam - International HQ in London
    The Southern Africa Trust - based Midrand, Gauteng, South Africa - claim that - "The Southern Africa Trust is an independent agency that supports organisations and processes to deepen and widen engagement in policy dialogue with a regional impact on poverty"
    The Joseph Rowntree Charitable Trust - Based in York, England. Claim to "...support work that promotes a just and peaceful South Africa".
    HorizonT3000 - Austrian Organisation for Development Cooperation
    Other supporting organisations in South Africa:
    Business Against Crime, Black Sash, Child Accident Prevention Foundation of South Africa, Disabled People of South Africa, The Human Rights Committee, Human Rights Institute of South Africa, People Opposing Women Abuse, Quaker Peace Centre, South African Association of Youth Clubs, South African NGO Coalition, South African Society of Physiotherapy and Red Cross Children’s Hospital.

User

They forget to add to the list of know funders: Every Single Hijacker, Robber, Murderer, Home Intruder and Rapist
    It is this group especially that don’t want us armed

User

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisvw View Post
    They forget to add to the list of know funders: Every Single Hijacker, Robber, Murderer, Home Intruder and Rapist
    It is this group especially that don’t want us armed
    I don't wear tinfoil hats, and I don't spend my evenings researching and reading about the illuminati and the freemasons. However, I am more than a little alarmed at the UN (One World Government) and its agenda at regulating (read "eliminate") the trade of small arms to civilians. We all know the gun ownership bans of Nazi Germany, the USSR (Stalin was a big fan), North Korea, and almost any other totalitarian state that ever existed on planet Earth, so what are these people playing at?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Infidellic Pagan Scum View Post
    I don't wear tinfoil hats, and I don't spend my evenings researching and reading about the illuminati and the freemasons. However, I am more than a little alarmed at the UN (One World Government) and its agenda at regulating (read "eliminate") the trade of small arms to civilians. We all know the gun ownership bans of Nazi Germany, the USSR (Stalin was a big fan), North Korea, and almost any other totalitarian state that ever existed on planet Earth, so what are these people playing at?
    They (UN / World Order Etc) want to rule us and private citizens not having guns to opose them makes their job much easier.

User

Yeah, that is what I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Infidellic Pagan Scum View Post
    Interesting link between UN policy and local anti-gun movements here:

http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...Gun-Ban-Treaty

Seems they don't mind at all sticking their noses in every country's domestic security policies... And some folks still think they can appeal to the UN/World Court/Hague to intervene in issues like farm murders, and they'll actually give a damn.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Manservant View Post
    I think one can add to this the open society foundation, where Zille is a board member:
    http://academic.sun.ac.za/mathed/malati/OSFSA.htm

Proof:

A. Altbeker, et al (2000) Are South Africans Responsible Firearm Owners? Evidence from 1,000 Dockets. Research
    commissioned by Gun Free South Africa and funded by Open Society Foundation for South Africa
    ; A. Altbeker (1999)
    Guns and Public Safety: Gun Crime and Self-Defence in Alexandra and Bramley. Research commissioned by Gun Free
    South Africa and funded by Open Society Foundation South Africa; C. Branas, et al (2009) Investigating the Link
    between Gun...
    http://www.gfsa.org.za/wp-content/up...ART1_FINAL.pdf
    Sure, that's not for the operational expenses, but it seems the OSF chips in when exceptional higher amounts are required.
    But GFSA got a grant in from OFS in 2012:
    http://osf.org.za/wp/wp-content/uplo...port_final.pdf

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast