Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Testing pepperspray

I have found that sweat plays a big roll aswell. Ive cought alot of indirect spray before on hot summer days and just like tear gass, all the damp bits hurt!

User

Any tricks of the trade for lessening the effects once being sprayed with pepper spray or being subjected to cs tear gas?
    Was at a protest today and a CS tear gas canister went off a couple of meters from me, needless to say I bolted away from it but as luck/stupidty had it I ran in the direction to wind was blowing so I had this cloud of gas following me as I was running... :D

User

My advice to PROTESTORS, Mr d7e7r7…… suck it in, nice and deep, big deep breaths then run your hands down your face and rub your eyes as much as possible.

For the rest of you, if you ever get some indirect spray while using it, milk works, if you don’t have milk hold your eyes open in front of an AC vent, the AC will make your eyes run and flush them. (and it feels nice and cool while you’re doing it).

User

Eish, I've tried drinking a whole 2 litre milk, but it just doesn't work!!! What am I doing wrong?!

:-p
    Beware the killer ræbbit of Caerbannog! Look, that ræbbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide. It's a killer!!! He's got huge, sharp... eh, he can leap about... LOOK AT THE BONES!!!
    [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmu5sRIizdw&sns=em[/URL]

User

User

Quote Originally Posted by Flossy View Post
    My advice to PROTESTORS, Mr d7e7r7…… suck it in, nice and deep, big deep breaths then run your hands down your face and rub your eyes as much as possible.

For the rest of you, if you ever get some indirect spray while using it, milk works, if you don’t have milk hold your eyes open in front of an AC vent, the AC will make your eyes run and flush them. (and it feels nice and cool while you’re doing it).
    I should have clarified why I was there... I'm a photographer for a newspaper and was covering the protest, not protesting ;)

This stuff is all oil of peppers, so dishwashing detergent usually helps get it off of the skin. Johnsons' baby Shampoo will help get it out of the eyes if you managed to get some inside them...don't worry, you will never feel the shampoo burn since the pepper is burning anyway...just rub the shampoo into the eyes and flush with copious amounts of water.

Milk can help too but the truth is that you will simply have to wear most of it off. If you sweat during the night you will get a 'revisit' from it, maybe in the ears or such...don't sleep on a foam pillow that first night if possible, and do not rinse your hair in the (cold) shower while holding your head backwards either. :-)_
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

ok ok, you're forgiven ;)

eye pro… decent quality wrap arounds should mandatory if you’re playing in riot zones.

I think you are supposed to wash affected areas with milk Not only drink the milk!
    I'm a daily carrier of Swat direct stream and it is less effective on drunks (anything is!)
    Used it on drunks once and the overspray got onto my t-shirt. You could smell it on the t-shirt after a number of washes. I had the smell in my lung/nose for 2-3days.

A buddy of mine sprayed me once with original 'pepper spray' in a golden cannister. I ran to the tap ekd kept my eyes open under the water. They were fine after a minute or two, but my whole face started swelling and my skin was red and super sensitive. Felt like someone had used some rough sandpaper all over my face. Yeah, I guess I'm one of those against whom pepperstray works lika a bomb!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2