Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Wet pack test results

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Brand View Post
    ...how crappy are the PMP's compared to the rest and why?
    http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/showthread.php?22683-Wetpack-test-in-40-S-amp-W

Just another expample.
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

User

The only reason I do wet pack tests is to get the bullet to expand and to then be able to retrieve it. I collect them which is why I try new bullets all the time. Just for the sake of interest, how crappy are the PMP's compared to the rest and why? I bought a pack a while back but I don't use them as carry ammo, they were cheap and I was curious.
    Dirk
    The PMP pistol JHP's are supremely shite. Shoot them out and use the brass for reloads.
    PM Paul he has some 165 & 180gr Ranger T series (the upgrade to your Ranger SXT pictured above). Buy as much as you can afford.
    The JHP on the far LHS looks alot like a 180gr Hornady XTP. I've had pretty ok results with the 180gr Bluebox Magtech JHP, expands well and was pretty consistent in my tests. Not so say it will perform well everytime, which is why I prefer tier 1 LE only ammo for carry.

User

Quote Originally Posted by h0stag3 View Post
    I hear ballistics gel is reusable :-). There are some great recipes on the net!
    I found a good recipe online but it takes a while to make. Magazines are there. just add water and presto!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Brendank View Post
    Dirk
    PM Paul he has some 165 & 180gr Ranger T series (the upgrade to your Ranger SXT pictured above). Buy as much as you can afford.
    Cool, that's great! Is his name just Paul? I was told that we cannot get them here in SA any more. I went to visit a friend on his farm the other day and we shot most of the PMP's out because I was out of paper punchers and they are cheap. I only have 25 Remingtons Golder sabre's, 20 PMC Star Fires and a pack of Magtech Guardian Gold (which I also hear is crap...) so I need ammo. Thank you for the tip!

User

Cool, that's great! Is his name just Paul? I was told that we cannot get them here in SA any more. I went to visit a friend on his farm the other day and we shot most of the PMP's out because I was out of paper punchers and they are cheap. I only have 25 Remingtons Golder sabre's, 20 PMC Star Fires and a pack of Magtech Guardian Gold (which I also hear is crap...) so I need ammo. Thank you for the tip!
    Yeah, just Paul. PM him and buy as much as you can afford. The 180gr Starfire's are also crap, I wouldn't carry them. Very inconsistent. Remington Golden Sabers are def gtg in pretty much all the calibers I own (9x19, .38Spl, .357Mag, .40S&W). The only one I've seen shed its jacket was the 124gr +P 9x19 flavour.

User

Thanks for the advice!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2