Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: 365 Days of Training

Very nice indeed WR!

User

Thanks Gunna! This is really inspiring and I enjoy it immensely! Can't wait to see where I'm at a year from now.
    Beware the killer ræbbit of Caerbannog! Look, that ræbbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide. It's a killer!!! He's got huge, sharp... eh, he can leap about... LOOK AT THE BONES!!!
    [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmu5sRIizdw&sns=em[/URL]

When I train, I try to balance speed and accuracy in my training regimen, alternating between drills on a weekly basis.

One week should be speed (FAST, BILL, 99 Drill)
    Next week should be accuracy (Dot Torture, 20m Head Shots)

It's amazing how you climb the rungs of the shooting ladder subconciously.

I find doing it this way eases some of the boredom while also causing you to focus on one thing at a time. Accuracy and then speed.

At the end of the day, you need both, but I do not believe it possible to build both together.

Remember the words of Matt Burkett - "It's okay to miss in training, just not in matches..."

Good luck with the training...

Save some rounds for the 25yd / meter line too. Mostly we suck at any distance past 15m with pistols, and that should not be the case. In general, speed errodes accuracy and accuracy errodes speed, so balance the two as you can. And shooting a smaller target at closer ranges is NOT the same as a standard size target at 25 / 35 / 50 meters!
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

My approach is to do everything I do with no time aspect and at a close range, until I can do it smoothly and perfectly. I then start to gradually add time constraints, stiving to keep the same smoothness and perfection consistently. When I reach a set goal speed and accuracy at that range, I then increase the distance by a certain amount, and then start the process from scratch.

If at any point my accuracy suffers at a specific time constraint, I back down one notch to where my accuracy still worked, and work at it more, until I can dial it up again and stay accurate at the faster time.

It's a systematic approach that I believe will work. Whether or not it's the best and fastest way to get to my one yaer goal, I don't know.
    Last edited by white_ræbbit; 08-06-2012 at 05:24.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2