Thread: SIG PRO

Default SIG PRO

hi all.

Does anyone own one of these or know anyone that has one?

I have been looking to buy one of the older models, the SP2009 or the SP2340. I do not like the look of the newer version the SP2022 etc. this also goes for the Walther P99, i like the older version over the newer Smith Walther collaberation, ditto on the Walther P99 anyone own one or know of someone that owns one?

If so, please comment on the weapon, your impressions and any time with the weapon on the range etc. etc. etc. ow and my email is andymoore@hyperlink.co.za if anyone wants to sell one ;)

im in :)

Default Re: SIG PRO

Back in the day when I bought my first pistol, the SP2340 was my first choice. Only problem, the only one I could locate in South Africa at that time (2003) was priced at just over 10k. I opted for my beloved USP40c instead at a mere 5.5k. Thats right, half the price. Don't quote me on this, but I heard from someone that the new 2022 is retailing at something ridiculous like 19k. Thats just silly in my books.

The other issues I had with it, is that spares/mags are damn hard to come by. Not that HK pistol parts/mags are any cheaper, but at least there are people stocking them.

I've never fired any of the SP series pistols, only a P226. If that is anything to go by, its sure to be one fine gun.

Handled a 226 and 250, shot a 228. Sigs are well made in general. Dont like their high bore axis though.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Bore axis pretty much the same as USP series from my experience, or am I wrong?

More or less.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

no one own or shot with one?

Quote Originally Posted by Count Bla
    Back in the day when I bought my first pistol, the SP2340 was my first choice. Only problem, the only one I could locate in South Africa at that time (2003) was priced at just over 10k. I opted for my beloved USP40c instead at a mere 5.5k. Thats right, half the price. Don't quote me on this, but I heard from someone that the new 2022 is retailing at something ridiculous like 19k. Thats just silly in my books.

The other issues I had with it, is that spares/mags are damn hard to come by. Not that HK pistol parts/mags are any cheaper, but at least there are people stocking them.

I've never fired any of the SP series pistols, only a P226. If that is anything to go by, its sure to be one fine gun.
    Pricing! They are about R9500 For existing Stock. If Istill have 2 Ill let you have them both for 19K Deal Done hpy180