Default For those of us with many a gripe.....

received this via email today:

Dear Member

In order for NSA to be able to furnish the Minister of Police with realistic proof of the SAPS Firearms Section’s inability to finalise applications for competency certificates and for new licences in good time, we urgently need your assistance. This information could also be used if it should become necessary to bring urgent court application to effect a more realistic and achievable approach to the administration of the firearms licence applications process after 30 June 2009.

Members who have been negatively affected in the application of their firearms licences as per the under mentioned criteria, are urgently requested to please before 31 May 2009 fill in their particulars at the following web address (you can click through to the web address from this email): http://www.sahunters.co.za/nsa (Note that it is not the ordinary NSA web address, but an address related to the firearms forum).

Particulars needed from such members are the following:
    (please complete the specific field which has bearing on your particular circumstances, and please ascertain that you fill in the field which indicates the SAPS station where you submitted your applications):

Applications for New Licences with competency:
    Persons who had been issued with competency certificates when application for new licence(s) were submitted, and of who the application(s) were outstanding for longer than 6 months on 1 May 2009.
    Applications for Competency:
    Persons of who the application for competency was outstanding for longer than 12 months on 1 May 2009.
    Applications for New Licences without competency:
    Persons without competency and of who applications were outstanding for longer than 12 months on 1 May 2009.
    Applications for Renewal of Licences:
    Persons of who their applications for renewal of existing licences were outstanding for longer than 12 months on 1 May 2009.

Your urgent assistance in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Default Re: For those of us with many a gripe.....

Interesting.

What is it with people always wanting to launch applications on an urgent basis?
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

I think the associations have been battling with Bothma & Co for some time re. license times frames etc

I've heard of many a meeting held between the hunting / shooting / collector associations and the SAPS / Bothma etc over the past few years re. concerns of the associations, licensing time frames etc etc I suppose it's difficult to get a result when people (Bothma / SAPS) attend these meetings under false pretences and leave without any intention of investing any resources in addressing the concerns, queries, issues, questions raised!

Who knows perhaps with the change in regime the associations hope they can now talk to someone new who may be willing to listen?

The following was received in a subsequent email to the one originally posted:

Dear Member
    Further to our e-mail of 27 April 2009.

We have to inform you that the Firearms Forum has as yet, not received any reply from Dir Bothma re a number of issues that were raised by the forum on the meeting of 28 April 2009 with Dir Bothma.

Dir Bothma has in the mean time had a meeting with all Provincial DFOs on 15 May 2009, but there are also no answers from that meeting to report as we have not officially been informed of any move away from the facts we mentioned in the 27 April e-mail re the position of legally holding firearms as from 1 July 2009.

You will be informed as soon as we have any news from Dir Bothma. However, we shall not accept any verbal communications from him as being binding or “true” and will only inform you of written answers received from him only.

In the mean time the Hunters Forum has requested an urgent meeting with the Minister of Police at his soonest convenience. Apart from acknowledging receipt of the letter with the request, no answer has been received from the Minister’s office in this regard. You will be kept informed.

User

Brad, how do i get on this mailing list??

User

Quote Originally Posted by Brad76
    received this via email today:

Dear Member

In order for NSA to be able to furnish the Minister of Police with realistic proof of the SAPS Firearms Section’s inability to finalise applications for competency certificates and for new licences in good time, we urgently need your assistance. This information could also be used if it should become necessary to bring urgent court application to effect a more realistic and achievable approach to the administration of the firearms licence applications process after 30 June 2009.

Members who have been negatively affected in the application of their firearms licences as per the under mentioned criteria, are urgently requested to please before 31 May 2009 fill in their particulars at the following web address (you can click through to the web address from this email): http://www.sahunters.co.za/nsa (Note that it is not the ordinary NSA web address, but an address related to the firearms forum).

Particulars needed from such members are the following:
    (please complete the specific field which has bearing on your particular circumstances, and please ascertain that you fill in the field which indicates the SAPS station where you submitted your applications):

Applications for New Licences with competency:
    Persons who had been issued with competency certificates when application for new licence(s) were submitted, and of who the application(s) were outstanding for longer than 6 months on 1 May 2009.
    Applications for Competency:
    Persons of who the application for competency was outstanding for longer than 12 months on 1 May 2009.
    Applications for New Licences without competency:
    Persons without competency and of who applications were outstanding for longer than 12 months on 1 May 2009.
    Applications for Renewal of Licences:
    Persons of who their applications for renewal of existing licences were outstanding for longer than 12 months on 1 May 2009.

Your urgent assistance in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Guys I clicked on the link which takes you straight to the form to be completed. It appears you don't have to be a member to complete it because it doesn't ask for any membership number. So maybe everybody with outstanding applications of longer than 12 months should complete the form.

I don't think you have to be a member of the NSA.

Although the email was only sent to NSA members I don't think they'd at all mind non-members completing the form as the idea is obviously to gather as much info as possible

What is confusing me is that I am an NSA member and never got the mail ???

User

I've received mine from the SA Hunters, it looks like the started it. If I remember correctly the came shortly after last Sunday's Fokus program. grn1