Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SureFire PX2 Fury Tactical

Just took delivery of two of these babies...single stage lights with 500 lumens out the front of absolute awesome! The head / bezel is slightly larger than the standard 6P / G2 but the body is the same, so it will fit in most mounts that will work with the others provided there is not a problem with space up front.

This one gives the ability to go out beyond 100m at night as well as to see into dark corners / spaces inside homes or buildings. Throw and spill are both greatly increased over even the 6P / Malkoff M61 that has, prior to this, been my personal favorite combo. Cost here if you shop 'em is about $105 or so.

I can't wait for the X300 Ultra using the same setup!
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

Just saw this post after asking about what stage model you got in another thread.
    Do you know where I can order the single stage? If I'm ordering online, do you know how I will tell the difference?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: SureFire PX2 Fury Tactical

Prodigal;

These just arrived at my SureFire 'pusher' Monday so not all dealers will have yet. They are showing it as a 'P2X-A-BK' SKU number. There will be three versions of the single stage light...

P2X-A-BK...standard, which ios what I have

P2ZX-A-BK which is the combat light that uses the little finger thing so you can use a syringe grip

P2XD-A-BK Whch has the strike bezel

I thus imagine the 'A' designation means single stage, since I know the two stage uses the 'B' designation.

Here is a link to a standard model at LA Police Gear...I have no idea if they will ship to SA or not...

http://www.lapolicegear.com/sf-p2x-a-bk-tactical.html

I have no doubt Brownell's should have some very soon and as it is not a gun part they should ship I would think. You might also try GICS locally. (?)
    Last edited by ikor; 19-06-2012 at 22:02.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

Awesome, thanks for the info, it's definitely very useful.
    I'm not concerned about local shipping, I have family in the US, so just need shipping to cont. US and I'll wait until next month when some of the people travel back and forth to SA to get my hands on them personally.

You will NOT regret it. 500 real lumens...not Chinese sorta-maybe-once in a while lumens, and no gee whiz strobes, flashers, mud flaps, etc...just push button and get tons of light. Only change I would make is to add a Z49 tailcap if I was gonna use one as a weaponlight...the clickie cap makes it a much better setup for that.

Nothing here takes away from the standard 2 stage Fury and it is a great light for camping, around the home use, etc. but it selects the 15 lumen mode as default, then a click takes it to 500...not what I want in a tactical light.

The 750 lumen Lawman is unbelievable at about the same size as a Streamlight Stinger but uses proprietary rechargables to get that output. It will use CR123's in a pinch but delivers only 500 lumens with them, and cost is around $350. I would have one if working the street again but the Fury will work fine for now.

And you can damnbetcha I would have at least one of these with some spare 123's if I lived on an SA farm, even if I had to sell the bull calf to do it!
    Last edited by ikor; 19-06-2012 at 22:27.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

Quote Originally Posted by ikor View Post
    P2X-A-BK...standard, which is what I have

P2ZX-A-BK which is the combat light that uses the little finger thing so you can use a syringe grip

P2XD-A-BK Whch has the strike bezel
    ikor,

the one you got, how does the switching operate?
    Is it press for momentary-on activation; click for constant-on? Or is there any twisting involved?

shot

User

is this it?
    http://surefireafrica.co.za/vmchk/fl.../p2x-fury.html

i ask because its a local site and might work out easier on shipping.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
    is this it?

No, thats the 2-step one...if you dont need it for a weapon specifically,the 2 step is ideal for outdoors imho

User

Quote Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
    is this it?

This is the dual stage model I bought a couple weeks ago. I'm now after the newer single stage model.

I don't pay for the international shipping portion, so these cost me around R860 to R900 each.

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigal View Post
    ikor,

the one you got, how does the switching operate?
    Is it press for momentary-on activation; click for constant-on? Or is there any twisting involved?

shot
    Standard tailcap is the same as the standard G2 / 6P. Push for momentary 'on' and twist for constant. Also, I just tried the Z49 tailcap on mine and it does not work, (it goes on but will not activate the light) so I will have to see if I can find out what the deal is with that. For a weaponlight I definitely prefer a clickie tailcap.

Seraph...that is the 'B' model...two stage...but the price is decent considering all the VAT, shipping and customs duties that vendors have to deal with to import good gear.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast