Thread: .218 Bee

User

Default .218 Bee

Hi Guys

A couple months ago I went into a gun shop and was shown a rifle chambered for the .218 Bee. For the life of me, I cant remember the make of the rifle, but it seemed very well balanced, and in very very good condition. I was just curious as to whether or not it would be easy to get hold of ammo for it. When I was there, the owner and I looked at the casings, and saw that you can't use any other casing to reload, therefore one would have to use this particular calibre for reloading. So, do any of you know where I could get some? The calibre is sort of between a .22 hornet and a .222.

Any help/advice would be great. hpy180

Default Re: .218 Bee

Apparently you can make brass by necking down either .25-20 or .32-20 cases, but since even the much more popular .32-20 is not at all common, that is probably no help at all. You can order brass from Midway and other suppliers in the states. While not cheap, it should have a long life unless you really try and 'hot rod' your loads.

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpag...eitemid=695102
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

Behind you, breaking out the KY... Or JHB

Prone to random kindness, lecherous behaviour, imitating D-cups at speed and an outstanding sense of humour. If you don't agree, well fuck you.

User

Just a pity the dealers in states won't ship brass cases to SA

User

the owner did say that I wouldn't be able to get ammo, thats why I didn't end up taking it. I was just hoping that someone here might have ideas. There is no point in have a gun unless you can shoot it regularly, IMO. I also thought it would be a great little rifle, trying to get the girlfriend to shoot something, but doesn't want to shoot my 30-06. also would just be a nice light gun for smaller game. But I dont think it is a viable option. O well..... md217 ;D

Behind you, breaking out the KY... Or JHB

Wait wait.

Try Ken Stewart Brass & Bullet Shop in Polokwane: 015-289 9401 or stewbullets@mweb.co.za.

Speak to him first.
    Prone to random kindness, lecherous behaviour, imitating D-cups at speed and an outstanding sense of humour. If you don't agree, well fuck you.

User

Reviving an old thread out of interest sake. I realise that this is a long while ago, but do you know what happened to this rifle?Was it sold? Also, did Ken Stewart Brass & Bullet Shop have brass for this caliber?