Thread: CPF: Mpumalanga

User

Default CPF: Mpumalanga

Hi all!
    I live in Ermelo Mpumalanga. We are in the process of starting a Cpf here. We have a radio network going and have had a couple of situations already which went down well.
    Would appreciate tips/ obstacles that any of you have dealt with.
    If it has been discussed before I apologize..

User

Default Re: CPF: Mpumalanga

Our greatest obstacle is to fill patrols, People join and after the novelty rubbed of, or like now in winter patrollers would rather stay in bed. We have changed the code of conduct so that you agree to at least 2hrs a week, if you can't patrol you cant join. Special circumstances get approved by the committee. (Elderly, Single woman, ect).

There are more obstacles, but I don't want to make you negative. The positive side is much more rewarding. Success in seeing the crime drop, catching criminals, helping in other emergency's like medical or MVA's is rewarding. Establish a good relationship with the sector commander and police.

Discipline is crucial, don't allow bickering, sport or idle chit chat on the radio. It usually end up in a fight and negatively affect moral.

I fully support the CPF initiative, in my sector we have definitely have a upper hand on crime. That's not saying we won, just that there is a 80% decrease from about four years back. The streets are safer and it is comforting to know loved-ones have access to some assistance if they need it by just calling on the radio.

User

Default Re: CPF: Mpumalanga

Thanks