Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Billy The Kid View Post
    Speaking as a complete novice (while at the same time being a fully basic-trained ninja), batch testing has its place but firing 200 consecutive rounds of your reloads will also tell you about your reloads.

Will see how it goes :-/. Where did you buy ammo that caused the malfunction. And how? Not enough powder?

User

Default Re: Tactical Marksman 1

Quote Originally Posted by h0stag3 View Post
    Will see how it goes :-/. Where did you buy ammo that caused the malfunction. And how? Not enough powder?
    DSG - diplopoint. The main problem was mis-sized cases.

User

Glad you guys enjoyed it. Its always a pleasure teaching a group of people willing to put so much effort in. It was a big group and a long day, but Im really happy with everything we got through.

User

What ammo should one use? I was thinking to reload (not too cheap) my own ammo as far as I can. Got those CMJs from Frontier, got brass, getting primers abd powder etc...

Attending the 15th
    I know that factory rounds are expensive, but seriously have a look at getting your hands on some. I was lucky that I didn't have any issues with Nobelteqs on Sunday, especially after incorrectly sized cases led to two malfunctions on Friday. BigT imparts a lot of information throughout the day, and towards the end, has you stringing together almost all of what you've learned since the class started. You'll have enough on your plate to think about without worrying over whether or not your ammo is going to cause a malfunction.

And take as many magazines as you can. I had three with me, which was ok, but on one of the last drills, I was wishing that I had fewer rounds loaded in more mags, as you get a cracking opportunity to cycle through your available stock of ammo while Big T shouts words of encouragement at you.

Quote Originally Posted by pstevensza View Post
    I know that factory rounds are expensive, but seriously have a look at getting your hands on some. I was lucky that I didn't have any issues with Nobelteqs on Sunday, especially after incorrectly sized cases led to two malfunctions on Friday. BigT imparts a lot of information throughout the day, and towards the end, has you stringing together almost all of what you've learned since the class started. You'll have enough on your plate to think about without worrying over whether or not your ammo is going to cause a malfunction.

And take as many magazines as you can. I had three with me, which was ok, but on one of the last drills, I was wishing that I had fewer rounds loaded in more mags, as you get a cracking opportunity to cycle through your available stock of ammo while Big T shouts words of encouragement at you.
    Hmmmm... R135 x 4 for 200 Nobleteq rounds. Also never had an issue with them in 9mmP. Got 1000 CMJs from Fontier, just need brass, primers and powder...

So yeah, dunno...

Also, my dad is joining, he is on pension, so gotta sort ammo out for him and buy mags for my gun... rough I tell you!

User

Hmmmm... R135 x 4 for 200 Nobleteq rounds. Also never had an issue with them in 9mmP. Got 1000 CMJs from Fontier, just need brass, primers and powder...

So yeah, dunno...

Also, my dad is joining, he is on pension, so gotta sort ammo out for him and buy mags for my gun... rough I tell you!
    What do you carry?

User

Quote Originally Posted by pstevensza View Post

You mean my world famous delicate last drill of the day quiet words of encouragment?

:)

User

@Ho3rst4g IMHO if you're not reloading yet (meaning set-up, tested your ammo in a few shoots already and happy with it) rather go with factory ammo. Not factory reloads, factory ammo.

You're investing in training and you know yourself how long you had to wait to get a spot on the course, you'll just be pissed if ammo takes away from the experience.

Sure, stoppage drills and -training is also important, but the day may already be an information overload and if T thinks you can handle a few stoppage drills as well, he can (and will) create them for you.

S&B ball can be had for R160/50.
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

User

You will get the most benefit from the day if all your gear is 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Billy The Kid View Post
    What do you carry?
    Nothing as yet, waiting for my license... but a Glock 17 :-D

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast