Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JS4 View Post
    @Ho3rst4g IMHO if you're not reloading yet (meaning set-up, tested your ammo in a few shoots already and happy with it) rather go with factory ammo. Not factory reloads, factory ammo.

You're investing in training and you know yourself how long you had to wait to get a spot on the course, you'll just be pissed if ammo takes away from the experience.

Sure, stoppage drills and -training is also important, but the day may already be an information overload and if T thinks you can handle a few stoppage drills as well, he can (and will) create them for you.

S&B ball can be had for R160/50.
    Wise cracker :-D.

You are right... you are definitely right... OK, will phone around where I Iive and yuck it up! Unless Southern Arms sells it?

Thanks JS4! Really appreciate it :-).

BigT, I agree with you too :-D.

:H03rst4g :-D

User

Default Re: Tactical Marksman 1

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    You mean my world famous delicate last drill of the day quiet words of encouragment?

:)
    Yup, that one. Hopefully, Marksman II is even more quiet, serene and peaceful. A gentle stroll through a box drill, a little ECQC taster perhaps? All set to the dulcet tones of a quiet, unassuming instructor.

User

Quote Originally Posted by pstevensza View Post
    Yup, that one. Hopefully, Marksman II is even more quiet, serene and peaceful. A gentle stroll through a box drill, a little ECQC taster perhaps? All set to the dulcet tones of a quiet, unassuming instructor.
    Fear not. Level 2 is the training equivelant of high tea. Complete with cucumber sandwiches sans crust of course.

Think a gentle stroll while I subtly give suggestion.

User

If there is gentle backgorund white noise, then I would like to attend as well.......

Oh sounds erm "sorry for lack of vocabulary" f&%cking awesome.

User

I rececntly felt that my skils were stagnating a bit. This course was excellent to remind me of and to highlight few oversights which I can fix.

It also showed me that to do certain things in a new and better way, better results can be achieved (eg. A new way of gripping my FA).

Came with an open mind and left with a few tricks which if I do better, will help me shoot better.

Always good to go back and measure yourself against basics.

I didn't worry too much that I shot like shit, but I listened to everything Fat T said, tried it and made it work.

Now I just need to grow paws like T to make that damn grip work. My stompies just can't do it.

What I do suggest to the newbies on the course... Stick to one trainer for a while. All will make sense and reveal wisdoms in the long term. this is only the beginning!!!

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Fear not. Level 2 is the training equivelant of high tea. Complete with cucumber sandwiches sans crust of course.

Think a gentle stroll while I subtly give suggestion.
    Hmmm... this might explain my recurring nightmare of a crusty cucumber sandwich shouting "up, fkn up!" at me while I stroll (panting breathlessl) around attempting to do a reload.

User

I learned more in that one day of training than I have learned in the past twelve years as a gun owner. I learned that everything I did before was wrong, that I still have a helluva lot to learn and that practice is key! I also learned to mark my casings better. This course is a must for anyone that owns a handgun that hasn't had proper training (and maybe even then!). Thanks a lot T, it was incredibly educational and I can't wait for level 2!

hoping to get myself some of this training as soon as I can get some free time and money freed up.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    ...er, because it's a Glock...

That was FuNNY!!!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast