Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default ASE UTRA Supressors

I had a ASE UTRA NorthStar suppressor installed on my Steyr Elite .308 and tested it over the weekend.

To make a long story short - WOW cfd89 lv29

My observations:
    1. it works very well and so well that one can easily fire the rifle without ear muffs
    2. the discharge sound for the shooter is no more than that of a loud .22/22Mag
    3. the recoil is reduced significantly
    4. no discernible influence on accuracy
    5. point of impact with and without the suppressor is significant - on my rifle it was 3" low and 1/2" right at 100m - so it is not a shoot with or without device except if you want to re- zero between having it n or having it off.
    6. very well designed with monetary input from the Finnish Gov (so I hear)
    7. made of steel, compact, of the reflex type so the suppressor extend backwards over the barrel by about two thirds of it's length.

This video clip gives a very realistic version of the experience I had

http://aseutra.fi/

I have a pic ( but it is too large so the it's not accepted for attachment here) that depicts the ASE UTRA JET-Z Cutaway and shows the intricate design of the ASE UTRA products.

User

Default Re: ASE UTRA Supressors

How do we get hold of one? Price for one for a 300 win mag?

User

G you can get from Powder Keg. Price is R2950 retail. The same suppr is used for the 30 cal rifles.

Get the NorthStar model = available in black or stainless/mat silver

Talk to Wendy 011 472 1720.

You will have to look at the tech side - ASE build the suppr's with different diameter spigots (the part where the thread and "smooth part" is - smooth part is the portion behind the threaded portion that fits snugly on the barrel to ensure that all the weight of the suppr does not carry on the threads - this part is milled on to the barrel by the Gunsmith when he threads the barrel).

So you will have to measure the minimum barrel diameter at the end of the barrel an order the silencer to fit - they make them in standard sizes so get closest.

Talk to Danie Joubert if you want excellent fitting or technical advice on which size spigot to order (custom gunsmith who has fitted mine and most others). Tel 083 326 8290.

User

Finally a decent suppressor to hit S.A!! I called Powder Keg for a .223 CQB compact unit, got quoted R4900 including the barrel threading.

User

In case you were wondering what the insides look like....

Quote Originally Posted by Glockster
    Finally a decent suppressor to hit S.A!! I called Powder Keg for a .223 CQB compact unit, got quoted R4900 including the barrel threading.
    Just a thought Glockster, but if you after a 5.56 CQB one, I know YHM do quick detach ones and if DS is bringing in their AR's, I'm sure they could do one of these too. I don't know how they compare though.

Thanks for the info Khumba, nice to know that there are good suppressors about.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    -Winston Churchill

GunSite South Africa
    Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

User

I am waiting on my QD Flash Hider 223 Unit - should be here anytime.

The ASE UTRA "Mill/LE" suppressors like the QD 223 unit to fit on a flash hider needs an export permit form the Finnish authorities but it is still possible.

The problem with the US manufactured suppressors is that in the US suppressors are restricted in the same level as with full auto rifles.

I think it is going to be a HUGE mission getting a suppressor exported from the US. It is already a mission getting and export permit for a semi auto rifle from the US so I predict that getting an export permit for a FA rifle or a suppressor is not going to be possible except with a guaranteed delivery to Mil/LE end users.

User

Agreed, near impossible to get a U.S can down here. They do have the best though..drool...

Hi Guys,

There are quality localy manufactured Sound Moderators availible. They go under the Name Terminator Sound Suppresors and I can give you the pice of mind that they are just as good or even better than any others that I have tried. 85% of the came harvasting teams in the OFS use these suppresors on there culling rifles, I have 7 of the suppresors fitted to my rifles and the range from a .22 to the .338 win mag. If I recall corectly the go for about R1000.00 You can also go to the Jaracal site and read other reviews on this topics. Alternatively you can call Clarance Swanepoel on 0832867162 fighting0002

User

Hi,

I noticed this topic and thought I would respond.

We manufacture three different suppressor familys at the moment;

- jet-Z
    - S series
    - NorthStar

To briefly go over the main features;

- jet-Z suppressors were brought to the market during 2000-2001. Initially these used machined baffles, with a fully welded design. In late 2006 this was updated to the current cast technology.

The jet-Z series models provide a very good net sound suppression level and have an excellent size to performance ratio. Models in the jet-Z family include the CQBS, CQBS-QM, CQB, CQB-QM and the COMPACT.

- S series suppressors were brought to the market in 2006 and they also utilize a cast construction, but the baffle type is different from the jet-Z, they are made out of stainless steel vs. the black steel of the jet-Z suppressors. Models include the S5, S6 and S7. The S series is currently being updated, with the the main benefit being significantly lower weigh, without compromising durability or performance.

- The NorthStar suppressors are the newest models on the market from us. These utilized stamped baffles, which affects the cost. These are not our smallest or lightest models, but provide a quality product for a more economic price.

As to the attachment threads, we have a wide selection of inch size and metric ones ( both the spigot type and no spigot / Sako type in our nomenclature )

Best Regards!

Tuukka Jokinen
    Ase Utra sound suppressors

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast