Default Handgun Grip with WML

I recently acquired a TLR1 and I am strugling to find a grip that works.

I usually grip my FA with a thumbs forward grip, but with my left hand quite high up (left thumb along the slide of the with my left hand gripped around my right hand )

The manual of the tlr states that you should operate the light with you non trigger hand.

My thumb is way past the switches on the light (left thumb). Only viable way seems to use my trigger finger to tap on and off the light.

That is not very ideal.

Any sugestions?

Default Re: Handgun Grip with WML

your grip is correct, so i would say get the light on by any means needed without destroying the good base you already have.

the lever is ambi so it shouldnt be too much of an issue to switch it on with the trigger finger? depending on the size pistol of course.

You are going to have to break your grip a bit in order to operate the light if you want to do so intermittently. Once you go to constant, of course you can lock back into your normal grip. I use my support hand thumb.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

Thanks let me try your sugesstions

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

User

Dont use your trigger finger to run the light.

User

Yeah do not like the idea of using the trigger finger to work the light. You may need it to pull the trigger and use the light at the same time for one. You will also confuse your brain as to what it must do with your finger when the shit hits the fan. Rather dedicate your trigger finger to one task only.

I have to bend my left thumb awkwardly to operate the light. Erm, so be it, then.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Can't you use your oppising hands trigger finger, thats what i have found to be the easiest, my WML has an ambidextrous switch, that way your grip remains the same. and my non trigger hand is further forward anyway.