Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Volunteers Wanted

Damn... was keen to join you guys... was reminded that I'm attending the SPAR marathon that my wife is running over that weekend (no... there is no option in it). Hope you guys have a blast though!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Gunna View Post
    Damn... was keen to join you guys... was reminded that I'm attending the SPAR marathon that my wife is running over that weekend (no... there is no option in it). Hope you guys have a blast though!
    Damn. Remember to run in a bra.

Camo, I would like to join, what accommodation options are there? Will be bringing my wife :-). If I can get that sorted I would like to help :-)

My wife may be on training. But, please pm me specifics? Sounds like a great experience!!

User

Quote Originally Posted by JS4 View Post
    Damn. Remember to run in a bra.
    Me... run??? Are you quite mad?!?! This boep has taken years of careful cultivation and rather copious amounts of money to maintain... why would I want to ruin all that by doing something as barbaric as running?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunna View Post
    Me... run??? Are you quite mad?!?! This boep has taken years of careful cultivation and rather copious amounts of money to maintain... why would I want to ruin all that by doing something as barbaric as running?

LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by h0stag3 View Post
    Camo, I would like to join, what accommodation options are there? Will be bringing my wife :-). If I can get that sorted I would like to help :-)

My wife may be on training. But, please pm me specifics? Sounds like a great experience!!
    Pm Sent
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

This was my second Firearms Festival and it was great fun.

We arrived on Friday afternoon, set up the range and registered for the Pro-
    Amm shoot and said our hello's to old friends.

My car temperature gauge showed 39 degrees at 15h00!

Afterwards it was time for a cold beer and braai as the sunset.

The silence in the bushveld sure is deafening.........

Saturday:

The day opened with a prayer & followed by the opening shots of the Pro-Amm shoot.

At this point the Tac Shac press-gang-crew sailed in with their convoy of Land Rovers.
    The look of relief on the both driver’s & passenger face was priceless

Mic & Santie from, the Flint & musket in Brits, were our next door neighbours on the Black Powder range, every now & then white smoke would be seen drifting across our range.

The Sports adventure shooting crew shared a range with TacShac and it turned to be a stroke of good fortune for both organisations generally, and the attendees at the festival specifically; festival goers having an opportunity to shoot a variety of handguns & semi auto rifles and shotguns that one would normally only find in a overpriced American gun mag.

Along With “Oom” Paul, Rudes & Bushboy it turned out to be a perfect match and soon had the queue had gotten long.

JS4 and Sean did an admirable job keeping the range safe, running the handgun range or conducting demo’s with Bushboy & Paul.

Rudes was occasionally seen to venture out from the cool shade of tent usually with a hand full of .22lr, a 15/22, a Dad/Mom/Uncle or Aunt and an excitable kid in tow.

Quiet a few young ladies were keen to try out the semi auto rifles and I am pleased to report the JS4, Sean & Bushboy went the extra mile assisting them as required, either correcting grip or posture with a gentle touch or holding hair out of eyes etc

Well done gentleman!

At the end of the day I guesti-imated that we had about 30-40 shooter had done the handgun stage and an equal amount for the demo’s.

When we weren’t busy running the range or conducting demo’s we were chatting about guns.

Throughout the day one could hear that the Pro-amm shooters keeping the range officers busy, the Big Bore shooters generated some really big booms at the other end of the range.
    Well done to Sean & Bushboy who both shot sub MOA groups.
    At least I got all my shots on the same target this year

Being as busy as we were we did not have time to take a turn at the active hunting range or the clay targets….next time.

Highlight of the day was the Boer-Brit shoot.

It really draws the crowds.

Standing safely behind Sean, JS4 and Bushboy I took great pleasure in ragging the other teams with names such as Kombuis Kommando, Tinkerbell and Solero

I even pointed out to the one team that they had named themselves after an icecream and should be careful of melting under the pressure or worse freezing.
    (However I think they were primarily made up of lawyers and engineers and did not get the joke )

At some point a journalist from SA Hunt took a picture of a grinning Bushboy.
    I am told that he will be the centrefold for September or October.

Bullers Barstids claimed second spot in a time of 1:04 minutes, the winning time being 58 seconds.
    Interestingly we beat a team that used telescopic sights!

JS4 had been roped in as a “Hensopper” (Hands upper)

He was reluctant joiner, at first, but a session of waterboarding (with cold beer the night before) soon had him a convert, although, he still has too strong moral compass to be considered a full “Bartstid”, however time will tell.

The Day ended with the prize giving, and, John Edmonds, doing what he does best, keeping memory of Rhodesia alive with great songs.

I am sure I spotted a tear in Chas’s steely eye.

After what had been very hot & dusty day it was great to have a couple of cold ones with good mates, old & new.

(Yes….! I got stuck bringing in the precious cargo, no it was not a LandRover.
    that towed me out; in fact I have no idea what it was except that it was white and had towbar.)

The Potjie dinner that followed the prize giving was great finished off with Malva Pudding & ice cream. Again everything prepared by volunteers.

I really enjoy the atmosphere at the Festival, it is very friendly and everybody is talking guns ammo and ragging each other.

To open carry at such a large event almost feels surreal whether it be a handgun, MP5 or NEA, besides it has a real CDI factor.

As an aside I think the value of such a Festival lies in the fact that people different backgrounds & shooting disciplines get exposure to the other parts of the shooting universe.

Hopefully this will translate into a better understanding of each other when the various firearms rights organisations deal with goverment.

A SALUTE to Dr Willie Barnard for another successful Firearms Festival (The 14th iirc)

Willie please pass on my well done to the admin team Georgi, Marcel, Salome, Kaye, Petro, and Nichola.

Likewise please extend my congratulations to the Range Officers and all volunteers.
    Everything was safe and ran smoothly.

The Festival is definitive proof that the GFSA are failing…..

I am in the process of finalising the Sports adventure calendar for 2013 and all plans are to be at Ellisras in 2013.

Thanks Sean, JS4 & Bushboy for a job well done on the range, you guys are great ambassadors for Sas.

Hopefully JS4 can upload some pics soon.

Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

User

Nice write up, thanks Camo.

Sorry I missed it (damn wedding) :)

Next year for sure!

You can't be happy forever dude...

Next year for sure!
    +1

User

Quote Originally Posted by camouflage762 View Post
    The Potjie dinner that followed the prize giving was great finished off with Malva Pudding & ice cream.
    Oi!

You cheeky bugger! There I go and help you in the Boer and Brit shoot, and you don't even tell me there is Malva pudding!?

Baas Ted you!

Quote Originally Posted by camouflage762 View Post
    Quiet a few young ladies were keen to try out the semi auto rifles and I am pleased to report the JS4, Sean & Bushboy went the extra mile assisting them as required, either correcting grip or posture with a gentle touch or holding hair out of eyes etc

Well done gentleman!

"Let me hold your fringe for you..."
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast