Default Calling Rhodesians to the Firearm Festival

For all the Rhodesians on Gunsite, here is another reason to attend the Firearms Festival on 25 August 2012:
    John Edmond the famous Rhodesian singer will be performing on Saturday night.
    To most Rhodies, John Edmond need no introduction.

John will be singing on Saturday night after the shoot - telling us the story of Rhodesia in song. He will also perform some of his recently written Boer War songs.

For more information on the Firearm Festival, go to www.vuurwapenfees.co.za

Willie Barnard

User

John is a legend and I am proud to say I have met him and been to his lovely farm.
    His music is real.
    Pamwe Chete.

Default Re: Calling Rhodesians to the Firearm Festival

John Edmond singing at the Tamboti Toyota Firearms Festival was a completely new event.
    He gave a well balanced performance telling us the story of Rhodesia.

I enjoyed his performance a lot. Thank you John and Teresa Edmond.

Gunsiters, if you enjoyed the performance too, please post here.

Willie barnard
    Last edited by Willie Barnard; 27-08-2012 at 08:26. Reason: grammar

I am not much of a history boffin but his song 'Lusaka tower this is Green leader' with the original radio comms was very cool! Of course between Murphy, JS4 and Paul I had a quick crash course on the Rhodesian air war history ;-)

User

What a pleasure to have John perform for us! I was fortunate enough to have a nice chat to him and Teresa and get our CDs signed as well.

His new CD has the entire radio comms of the Green Leader raid which we listened to on the drive home. It gives you goose bumps and had us all in a Lonmin state of mind! ;o)

Great performance by great people and a very nice touch to round off a lekker day. It really is telling when you see a guy like Chas shedding a tear or two as the Rhodies keep the memories alive.

I was a little surprised that G-Force wasn't there throwing underwear onto the stage though!
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

User

Quote Originally Posted by Rudes View Post
    I am not much of a history boffin but his song 'Lusaka tower this is Green leader' with the original radio comms was very cool! Of course between Murphy, JS4 and Paul I had a quick crash course on the Rhodesian air war history ;-)
    I was told that Green leader contacted the Lusaka tower after the bombing run and not before, like the radio transmission makes out. Does anyone know if that was true?

User

Quote Originally Posted by ady View Post
    I was told that Green leader contacted the Lusaka tower after the bombing run and not before, like the radio transmission makes out. Does anyone know if that was true?
    Yep, after the bombing run, pretty clear on the radio transmission too.

Search on YouTube, IIRC the whole thing is on there.
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

User

Quote Originally Posted by JS4
    What a pleasure to have John perform for us! I was fortunate enough to have a nice chat to him and Teresa and get our CDs signed as well.

His new CD has the entire radio comms of the Green Leader raid which we listened to on the drive home. It gives you goose bumps and had us all in a Lonmin state of mind! ;o)

Great performance by great people and a very nice touch to round off a lekker day. It really is telling when you see a guy like Chas shedding a tear or two as the Rhodies keep the memories alive.

I was a little surprised that G-Force wasn't there throwing underwear onto the stage though!
    Johnny!John has plenty G-force jocks already!He has performed at a function we arranged a while ago.I would have loved to be there but me and Ross were partaking in a chopper cull,close to John's farm infact!
    He is a man with superb history,a living legend.
    My kids know just about every troopie song he sang almost word for word.
    Long live the Green and White.

User

I love the way Lusaka tower just agreed and they didn't bother putting up a protest.

Must have known what was good for them.