Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: .404 Jeffery

User

Default Re: .404 Jeffery

I did rboshoff but I have had endless problems it getting my application approved. The problem is that the imported barrel is registered as being owned by the government. Nothing unusual, the government takes ownership until the importer can produce the right documents. The owner can then be changed on the system with a click of a button, yet here I am, more than a year on since the rifle arrived in SA and still the owner remains the government. The biggest frustration is that no one at Pretoria wants to take any responsibility and help me. I must always phone someone else. The bloke at the police station here tells me I should have put on a 350 form, the same bloke who signed my 350 form when he processed my application. If the barrel belongs to government then why is the barrel in Magnum Arms and already proofed? If the barrel belongs to the government then why have they not come to arrest me for fraud? I seriously do not know what to do anymore.

User

When i look at the rifle i get this odd feeling deep down inside. It is looking amazing.
    by the sounds of it you are in a bad place with this licence. i would get hold of Martin Hood and get a fire under someones ass before the powers that be do something stupid. its going to cost a little bit of money but they should be able to sort things out for you.
    i wish you the best of Irish Luck.

User

Sounds like an idea dritz, I’ll give a call and hear if he can do anything and what that would cost. Within reason it will be well worth the money.

User

Hi All

I went shooting with my .404 Jeffery for the first time yesterday. All I can say is WOW!

The shooting was done in order to get the rifle sighted in. Unfortunately my shots were not exactly on target. The rifle shoots high and left for me. The grouping was not too bad considering that this was the first time I ever shot with a .404 Jeffery. The recoil was not at all unpleasant. We did shoot in a garage with a corrugated iron roof and the noise inside would put me more of than the recoil.

The bolt is not feeding reliably yet. The boltstop needs work. The rounds are also not yet being ejected so the ejector plate needs to be replaced. These are all small and simple jobs that will be done within a day.

I will take some better photos within the week and post it. For now just a small preview of the rifle of my dreams!

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/...ps918d5a9d.jpg

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/...ps0fcf38e0.jpg

Regards

Stefan

User

Very nice. Any update on your licensing issues?

User

That stock looks magnificent!

User

Thanks. No progress thus far. Working on it on a daily basis.

User

Nice looking rifle. My 404 has some competition for the Miss Custom Big Bore title!

Actually, that sounds wrong in retrospect...

User

Hold the phone! Just got a message from SAPS that my license has been finalized. Now trying to find out whether it was approved. Pray lads, pray…

User

The SMS containing the word "finalised" meant that my license was at SAPS, ready for collection... That was a week ago. You may just have to buy a Lotto ticket today to max out your good luck today if that is the case.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast