Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FrogLube

User

Default FrogLube

Has anyone here used FrogLube?

JamesYeager and Sootch00 did reviews on the stuff and it seems quite amazing... does anyone know where I could get my grubby mitts on some of this stuff? 4 days of shooting in the red dust at PDPC has taught me that our guns really need good lubrication... this stuff seems like just what the doctor ordered.

James Yeager's interview with the owner of the company:

Sootch00's review:

Default Re: FrogLube

Reminds me of Ikor's "teflon frog snot". :)
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Hehe... that post was all that came up when I did a search to see if there was anything on this stuff already :D

User

What are you using now?

User

@J.F just good old RAM lube... Also got some stuff from Paul... can't recall the name but it's apparently quite good... slip 2000?

Any way. The guys at FrogLube got back to me regarding some local distributors. I then got hold of them and this is the response I got:

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Pienaar
    Hi Tyron

Currently on a bike trip and from Germany to Vladivostok . In Siberia at the moment (www.pikipiki2.co.za). I will be back in SA end September

We will be distributing FrogLube into SA and I have asked my office to obtain and update from FrogLube US as to developments. They were at one point overwhelmed by local demand and as we understood it therefore supply constraints.

We hope that this is now a thing of the past and that we may be able to place a sizable order for delivery to SA as all other mechanisms are already in place

On a personal note we have used this product as a chain lube on this trip with exceptional results

If you can supply a landline number I can contact you today while I have an internet connection

Best regards

Harold Pienaar
    Sounds like a really nice guy and I am seriously jealous!

User

Also check out Slipstream - we have that in stock.

http://tridentarms.us/Slipstream_Review.html

We also stock Slip2000 EWL which is a more traditional type synthetic oil that works extremely well on AR15 rifles and does just as well on pistol rails.

There are reviews on both these products and they are both way above in quality to normal gun oil (and especially Teflon based aerosol oils).

Slip2000 is also a much better OIL than CLP.

Go to www.hailstormza.com or Contact Jacques at 012 754 0777 - show room and office will be closed this afternoon from 12h00 cause T is molding Jacques into a Glock armorer this afternoon.

I hear good things about Frog Lube but given that a) I have a supply of Slip2000 and Slip CrudCutter and b) that many guys I trust shoot the Hell out of their ARs and pistols using Slip2000 with no problems, I see no need for me to rush out and get anything else at this time. Heck, for many years, I did just fine using Hoppes #9 and Breakfree CLP. I also have and use TW25B on my pistol rails since it stays put a bit better than liquids.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

Bio-degradable! Nice.

User

I have the Slip2000 grease and oil... my NEA still seemed... gritty... after the first application... but after putting some rounds through her, giving a quick clean and applying a new lot she smoothed out rather nicely... it did help to see the marks where bits are touching and therefore know exactly where to apply this time round ;)

I'm still interested in the FrogLube for it's application in running the gun a bit dryer in some instances.

@Zillard - it's even edible :D ... and your avatar is rather distracting! (took me a few minutes just to think of distracting it's such a distraction!)

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

hahaha
    it was lube lube lube then Zillards avatar!
    live out your imagination , not your history.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast