Thread: Hi From CT

Default Hi From CT

Hi all,

In the process of buying my first gun and getting my first license. It will be a glock 21SF.

I am applying for my occasional sports shooter license because I am still 20. Once I turn 21 I will hopefully change it to a SD license successfully. I have also received my competency from the kraaifontein shooting academy and will be applying for that at SAPS at the same time.

Just wanted to say Hi to all and will hopefully get some good info on this site. Any tips about the process? Do you guys think the way I am going around getting my SD license eventually is the best way to go about it?

Alex

my heart at the sea and my soul in the mountains

Default Re: Hi From CT

congrats on your G21SF - nice gun.
    once its licensed its licensed . no need to go about changing it
    live out your imagination , not your history.

User

Welcome Bru

When do you turn 21. If I understand correctly you haven't received your Competence certificate from the SAPS yet so chances are by the time that is done you will be over 21.

Good luck with that. I don't know of ANY under 21 Dedicated shooters who have been able to convince the registrar that they should have a sport gun. Let alone occasional shooters.

Even if you turned 20 on the same day you applied for your competency it is unlikely to be considered before you are 21 anyway.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Behind you, breaking out the KY... Or JHB

Hey Alexcc

Welcome dude, I'm a member of KSC myself!!

Enjoy the site, watch out for the lecherous & lewd comments and all references to KY!

Cheers!!
    Prone to random kindness, lecherous behaviour, imitating D-cups at speed and an outstanding sense of humour. If you don't agree, well fuck you.

Thanks all!

I turn 21 in April 2010, I thought I would go about doing it this way because apparently my chances of a self defense license before I am 21 is practically nil, where as I might be able to get a sports shooter license before and then just change it to a SD license once I am 21 as changing the license should be much quicker than applying for a complete new one, no?

Maybe I should just apply for my competency at SAPS and hopefully I'll have that by the time I turn 21, then I can just apply for my SD license and get it quite quickly (hopefully)?

alexcc
    the act states clearly that you have to be 21 or older on the day the application [competence] is received by the DFO .keep your money until the day your competence is granted . sorry to disapoint you :(

User

Hi, welcome to GS Alex

Behind you, breaking out the KY... Or JHB

Hi Alexcc

Before this becomes one hell of a drawn-out chat about whether you are 21 or not 21, etc. rather go speak to your DFO about it. They will be in the best position to advise.

Let me know if you need some help. ;D

Cheers!!

Prone to random kindness, lecherous behaviour, imitating D-cups at speed and an outstanding sense of humour. If you don't agree, well fuck you.

Thanks for all the advice. I'm about to head down to my local SAPS to see if I can speak to someone. I'm starting to think it's best for me to just apply for competency and hopefully have it by the time I'm 21 in April 2010. Then I can go buy my weapon and apply for my license. I'm just getting so impatient...I suppose I've waited my whole life I can wait another 9 months.