Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Behind you, breaking out the KY... Or JHB

Default Stoeger air rifles

"Stoeger’s high-velocity, single-shot air rifles are chambered for .177-caliber pellets and are powered by a fast and convenient break-action, spring-and-piston mechanism. Stoeger X-Series air rifles have two-stage triggers and shoot both alloy and hard-hitting lead pellets. Alloy pellets achieve a velocity of anywhere from 800 feet-per-second (fps) in the X5, to 1200 fps in the X10 and X20, and a blazing 1500 fps in the X50." - http://www.gunsandammomag.com/new_pr...8WO/index.html and
    http://usa.stoegerairguns.com/products/index.php

Shoowow, what you guys think of these? Wouldn't mind the X50 for some fun around the house...
    Prone to random kindness, lecherous behaviour, imitating D-cups at speed and an outstanding sense of humour. If you don't agree, well fuck you.

Default Re: Stoeger air rifles

Note the scope mount on the X50. In spring operated and at 1500fps it is going to be a bitch with a scope and you can prepare yourself for replacinf scopes. The problem is that high powered spring operated air rifles just stuff up a scope and you need preferably one piece mounts of high quality.

User

They show kids shooting the thing, do you think they can cock them

Behind you, breaking out the KY... Or JHB

Quote Originally Posted by HGS
    They show kids shooting the thing, do you think they can cock them
    Good point, probably why they make mention of the handle & ease of operation, etc.etc.

Rather emotive decision, but it looks good and I just like a springer...
    Prone to random kindness, lecherous behaviour, imitating D-cups at speed and an outstanding sense of humour. If you don't agree, well fuck you.

If it is a X50, not a change. From experince from HATSAN 125...those strong ones are not easy to cock...........

User

What are you planning on spending on a springer?

I think you will be better starting off by buying a Gamo CFX or one of the Cheaper HW's.

There are some decent local sites selling airguns and accessories...Check out

www.airgunfanatix.co.za

www.allaboutairguns.co.za

I am not sure what you mean by HW's but the Gamo CFX is quite a decent choice. Relative reputable name, availability of spares is good. I like the fixed barrel. Only thing they claim 1000fps but you are only going to get about 800fps depending on the pellet that you use. The CFX Royal is exactly the same except for having a wood stock compared to the synthetic of the normal CFX. I would like to see a protector cap over the front site for some protection of the fibre optic insert.

User

Sorry, by HW I meant one of the Weihrauch family of air rifles...

User

I dont know if you guys know that gamo now own bsa, and have for a few years

I did not know that GAMO owns BSA.... This is new news to me. If this is the case, they keep the two business completely separate as the importers of BSA and GAMO are totally different businesses and I actually do not know of any importer of these air rifles stock both brands....

Nicholas Yale is the official agents for GAMO in SA and I think also for AFRICA (I can be wrong) and they do not touch BSA although there is a very good relationship between Nicholas Yale and the owner of GAMO.

Going of the thread but interesting...... hjk

On the issue of Weihrauch vs GAMO, I have no experience with Weihrauch and do not know their price class compared to GAMO and can't comment on them.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast