Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Which Pistol for first time Lady owner

Quote Originally Posted by Harleymonster View Post
    Will go and have a look at some of the pistols sometime soon, hopefully the stores in CPT carry stock.
    If they don't you can buy in GP or wherever and have it couriered down to you. It's not that expensive.

User

oh right, I forgot for a second about that stupid legal quandry of you not being allowed access to it if he is not home. look into getting a dual license for it, doesn't cost much

User

Quote Originally Posted by prepare2win View Post
    oh right, I forgot for a second about that stupid legal quandry of you not being allowed access to it if he is not home. look into getting a dual license for it, doesn't cost much
    We thought about that, only problem is I don't like that thing much

User

maybe get some training and give it another try. I know a 12g can seem like a beast at first, but it is tameable.

I'm not saying dont get a handgun, by all means do. just don't handicap yourself by writing off the shotgun prematurely

User

The glocks are a bit out of my price range. Am looking at a max of between 6 and 7k.
    Have a look at the Grand Power - speak to Paul (on the forum) from TacShac.

I's not as simple as a Block or the SD9, what with having a hammer and a safety, but it's really not that hard, it's brand new, within your budget, you seem like a smart enough person (for wanting to arm yourself) to handle a safety... and you're going to train and practice, right?
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

Quote Originally Posted by JS4 View Post
    Have a look at the Grand Power - speak to Paul (on the forum) from TacShac.

I's not as simple as a Block or the SD9, what with having a hammer and a safety, but it's really not that hard, it's brand new, within your budget, you seem like a smart enough person (for wanting to arm yourself) to handle a safety... and you're going to train and practice, right?
    I was under the impression you found an SD9 somewhere... If not, you might struggle a bit, they are not plentiful. So, in the absence of one, the Grand Power is a very serious contender.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

Hi

I am looking at getting my first firearm sometime soon. We stay on a farm and at times I am alone.
    Don't know much about handguns, except that I want a pistol, we only have rifles and shotguns.
    I am limited budget wise, have looked at the CZ Duty and S&W SD 9.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Hi Harleymonster , I know this is going to cause some tensions and sturing up but ive tested this before. Pistols are great!!! I got a luger and im ordering a CZ 75 Tactical sport but for self defence there is nothing better than a Revolver. People can say what they like , there is nothing better than a revolver when you half asleep. Remember a Pistol has magazine that has to be seated properly , if not it wont cycle, there is a safty it has to be racked over , some people even in awaken state tend to put the pistol on safty accedently or press mag relise while shooting on the range. A nice double action revolver in .38 or .357 is simple to use. grab the revolver and pull the trigger ... Bang! or cock hammer back and got a light trigger ...bang. if round does not go off you dont need to rack it over like a pistol it just a simple pull of the trigger again. You can do the test and have some one wake you up when you in the deepest sleep to load you pistol and try in with a revolver. Revolver wins hands down for home defence.
    I know now the Glock peopel are going to say but I got 22 bullets in my magazine and a revolver only has 6. If there is more than 1 bullet hole in the person that threatened ur life the police write u up for aggression and not self defence. You will find a revolver is more acurite as it has a fixed barrel. advantage of shooting 357 is the loadness of the bang, they dont know what you gout but they know its bigger than what they may be carring and you mean buisness.
    Later if you want a CZ or S&W by all meant get it, the more toys you get the more fun :)

User

Quote Originally Posted by Little-Bear View Post
    Hi Harleymonster , I know this is going to cause some tensions and sturing up but ive tested this before. Pistols are great!!! I got a luger and im ordering a CZ 75 Tactical sport but for self defence there is nothing better than a Revolver. People can say what they like , there is nothing better than a revolver when you half asleep. Remember a Pistol has magazine that has to be seated properly , if not it wont cycle, there is a safty it has to be racked over , some people even in awaken state tend to put the pistol on safty accedently or press mag relise while shooting on the range. A nice double action revolver in .38 or .357 is simple to use. grab the revolver and pull the trigger ... Bang! or cock hammer back and got a light trigger ...bang. if round does not go off you dont need to rack it over like a pistol it just a simple pull of the trigger again. You can do the test and have some one wake you up when you in the deepest sleep to load you pistol and try in with a revolver. Revolver wins hands down for home defence.
    I know now the Glock peopel are going to say but I got 22 bullets in my magazine and a revolver only has 6. If there is more than 1 bullet hole in the person that threatened ur life the police write u up for aggression and not self defence. You will find a revolver is more acurite as it has a fixed barrel. advantage of shooting 357 is the loadness of the bang, they dont know what you gout but they know its bigger than what they may be carring and you mean buisness.
    Later if you want a CZ or S&W by all meant get it, the more toys you get the more fun :)

WTF!!??! am I back in 1983?

Seriously where did you get this crap? And this bollocks about more than one hole in the bad guy? Where the hell did you get that?

Most of us keep our pistols loaded surprisingly enough. So we dont have to load them when the SHTF.

I've never noticed the loudness of the bang of anything shot at me. Google auditory exclusion.

Next week the sound of a pump action racking and how it turns your opponents bowels to ice...

Lol...
    SEMPER PARATUS

User

Erm .. looks like I will now have to get me that .38 or .357 !!

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast