Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Which Pistol for first time Lady owner

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    WTF!!??! am I back in 1983?

Seriously where did you get this crap? And this bollocks about more than one hole in the bad guy? Where the hell did you get that?

Most of us keep our pistols loaded surprisingly enough. So we dont have to load them when the SHTF.

I've never noticed the loudness of the bang of anything shot at me. Google auditory exclusion.

Next week the sound of a pump action racking and how it turns your opponents bowels to ice...
    ROFL... Each to their own I suppose BigT?

What if there are like 4 BG's ???

I'll stick to a 12g or .223 as primary, and pistol as secondary thanks. (1.2 Seconds, on a slow day, for a mag change on the pistol, as opposed to how long to reload a revolver?)

User

what BigT said...

something I learned from watching people run a course of fire at my combat pistol shooting club is just how much revolvers suck for SD... not only do they only have 5 rounds but they are much slower to reload. Remember the BG's tend to run in gangs of 4-5. Can you guarantee that you will hit every one with a one shot stop and not have a single miss? I sure as hell can't.

I don't even wanna start on the rest of the silliness, except maybe to say this and I mean it in a friendly spirit- this forum is pretty full of good guys who have been there and done it and Know their shid- they speak from experience on a 2 way range. So if you are a keyboard commando you will get outed faster than gecko45

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Little-Bear View Post
    ...for self defence there is nothing better than a Revolver...
    Eish! Beertjie, maar nou praat jy uiterste stront!
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

Quote Originally Posted by Little-Bear View Post
    Hi Harleymonster , I know this is going to cause some tensions and sturing up but ive tested this before. Pistols are great!!! I got a luger and im ordering a CZ 75 Tactical sport but for self defence there is nothing better than a Revolver. People can say what they like , there is nothing better than a revolver when you half asleep. Remember a Pistol has magazine that has to be seated properly , if not it wont cycle, there is a safty it has to be racked over , some people even in awaken state tend to put the pistol on safty accedently or press mag relise while shooting on the range. A nice double action revolver in .38 or .357 is simple to use. grab the revolver and pull the trigger ... Bang! or cock hammer back and got a light trigger ...bang. if round does not go off you dont need to rack it over like a pistol it just a simple pull of the trigger again. You can do the test and have some one wake you up when you in the deepest sleep to load you pistol and try in with a revolver. Revolver wins hands down for home defence.
    I know now the Glock peopel are going to say but I got 22 bullets in my magazine and a revolver only has 6. If there is more than 1 bullet hole in the person that threatened ur life the police write u up for aggression and not self defence. You will find a revolver is more acurite as it has a fixed barrel. advantage of shooting 357 is the loadness of the bang, they dont know what you gout but they know its bigger than what they may be carring and you mean buisness.
    Later if you want a CZ or S&W by all meant get it, the more toys you get the more fun :)
    I'm just impressed that you managed to include just about every cliché and myth about handguns and self-defence into one post. Bravo. Please, tell us more...
    Because a thing seems difficult to you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish - Marcus Aurelius

User

Quote Originally Posted by Thorkind View Post
    I'm just impressed that you managed to include just about every cliché and myth about handguns and self-defence into one post. Bravo. Please, tell us more...
    Let's not forget that if you load your 357 with a (highly illegal) BLACK TALON and hit him in the little finger it will rip his arm off and break his grannies hip.

On a slightly more constructive note. To the OP: buy a G26 or G19. If those are not an option then any modern handgun in 9mmP with a proven track record and proven after-market service (parts, mags, holsters, etc) will probably do. Please re-consider and carry the firearm with you as often as possible. Attacks don't happen when it suits your timetable or environment. Good luck.
    Because a thing seems difficult to you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish - Marcus Aurelius

WTF!!??! am I back in 1983?

Seriously where did you get this crap? And this bollocks about more than one hole in the bad guy? Where the hell did you get that?

Most of us keep our pistols loaded surprisingly enough. So we dont have to load them when the SHTF.

I've never noticed the loudness of the bang of anything shot at me. Google auditory exclusion.

Next week the sound of a pump action racking and how it turns your opponents bowels to ice...
    !973 T...note no mention of speedloaders...and .357's had louder bangs before the 'bang ban' of 1976...
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

Quote Originally Posted by Thorkind View Post
    9mmP with a proven track record and proven after-market service (parts, mags, holsters, etc)
    This.

Ask the dealer about parts and spares etc. If he says he has lots in the back - ask to see them.

If the gun is not on you, its pretty useless.

Similarly, if its not loaded its useless.

The relative loudness of a cartridge has about as much to do with self defence as cheese does to bicycles.

Aggression is not a crime. Spouting bullshit on the interweb about the awesomeness of revolvers for self defence should be.
    Last edited by SSP; 30-08-2012 at 11:24.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by ikor View Post
    !973 T...note no mention of speedloaders...and .357's had louder bangs before the 'bang ban' of 1976...

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Let's not forget that if you load your 357 with a (highly illegal) BLACK TALON and hit him in the little finger it will rip his arm off and break his grannies hip.
    Depends what he's doing with his granny at the time.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast