Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Firearm of the Week!

Hi Guys and Gals.

Thought we could have some fun, how about a firearm a week challenge. Nothing special required, but if you'd like to join in, put around 100 - 250 words together, less or more if you so desire and a picture, we need pictures and post it in this thread. If you need help posting a pic and are having a little difficulty, email me the pic at craig@gunsite.co.za and I'll email you back a link you can paste into your thread which will display your picture.

Lets do this on a first come first served biases, so first guy or gal to post on a Monday owns the thread for the week! What you guys think? It doesn't need to be anything special or rare, it can be whatever, as long as it's yours or you're affiliated to it. BUT, lets try not to post firearms of the same models, lets see how we get on.

fighting0002
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    -Winston Churchill

GunSite South Africa
    Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Default Re: Firearm of the Week!

I'll kick this off!

SITES Spectre

This license got approved recently, so I thought I'd share this with you

The Spectre was designed in the 1980’s and built in Italy until 1997, this then moved to Switzerland until 2001 when production ceased. Even though the Spectre had many innovative features, it never saw much success and was only credited as being adopted by the Italian Special and Swiss Armed Forces, although rumours about use with other organisations exist. The American automatic weapon ban was pencilled in as part of the reason for its failure to gain sufficient exports and sales, however innovations and advancements in assault rifle configurations and roles in the late 1990’s must have contributed to this as well.

The Spectre is a relatively light weight, blowback firearm operating from a closed bolt. The Spectre is hammer-fired and the trigger group is double action with a decocker, allowing it to be carried safely with a round in the chamber. This 9mm Spectre features the top folding metal stock, adjustable forward grip and the SITES patented 50 round four column magazines, along with the Sinusoidal rifled barrel and suppressor.

Being that it was intended for the anti-terrorist and counter-insurgency forces, rumour has it that the name Spectre was derived from James Bond’s arch-rival organization "S.P.E.C.T.R.E." The Special Executor for Counter-Intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge and Extortion, or that Spectre just means ‘ghost’ in Italian and with the operator feeling the bolt moving back and forth and the greatly reduced blast from the silenced muzzle together with the low felt recoil, it gave the shooter the impression of being passed by a Ghost ... you decide.

fighting0002
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    -Winston Churchill

GunSite South Africa
    Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    I'll kick this off!

SITES Spectre

This license got approved recently, so I thought I'd share this with you
    *DROOL* cfd89

Nice puppy, verrrrry niccccce!

I'd love to see the motivation that was submitted for this piece of machinery.

Sportshooting? Collector? confused0083

Certainly not SD, unless "Blue Light Brigade".

92FS as suggested its part of a collection, however the person that it was bought from had it on a normal license, but it was an old license and these things were possibly easier to license then.
    -Winston Churchill

GunSite South Africa
    Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

User

Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    Hi Guys and Gals.

Thought we could have some fun, how about a firearm a week challenge. Nothing special required, but if you'd like to join in, put around 100 - 250 words together, less or more if you so desire and a picture, we need pictures and post it in this thread. If you need help posting a pic and are having a little difficulty, email me the pic at craig@gunsite.co.za and I'll email you back a link you can paste into your thread which will display your picture.

Lets do this on a first come first served biases, so first guy or gal to post on a Monday owns the thread for the week! What you guys think? It doesn't need to be anything special or rare, it can be whatever, as long as it's yours or you're affiliated to it. BUT, lets try not to post firearms of the same models, lets see how we get on.

fighting0002
    Good idea!

Sorry if you don't agree, but my firearm for the week is DEFINITELY my USP40F. It treated me so well during last week's league...not even funny. Shot the third fastest time for the day, only to be surpassed by SSP and Thorkind. Yes T, I kicked your ass royally. My scores were captured incorrectly, I actually managed a 181 overall time...only 5 seconds behind Thorkind's master effort. I love that gun...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awesome Bla, nice piece ya got there! 8)

Still kicking myself that I missed that bloody USP9c! md217
    -Winston Churchill

GunSite South Africa
    Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

User

Nice one Bla, next time, nice looking USP!

Hey Bla that's a beautiful USP40c you got, very jealous lv29

Quote Originally Posted by Count Bla
    Sorry if you don't agree, but my firearm for the week is DEFINITELY my USP40F. It treated me so well during last week's league...not even funny. Shot the third fastest time for the day, only to be surpassed by SSP and Thorkind. Yes T, I kicked your ass royally. My scores were captured incorrectly, I actually managed a 181 overall time...only 5 seconds behind Thorkind's master effort. I love that gun...
    Time for a classifier, ringer! Well done. happy0065
    Because a thing seems difficult to you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish - Marcus Aurelius

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast