Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Default Re: Firearm of the Week!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Bla
    Sorry if you don't agree, but my firearm for the week is DEFINITELY my USP40F. It treated me so well during last week's league...not even funny. Shot the third fastest time for the day, only to be surpassed by SSP and Thorkind. Yes T, I kicked your ass royally. My scores were captured incorrectly, I actually managed a 181 overall time...only 5 seconds behind Thorkind's master effort. I love that gun...
    "Ring Ring", "Ring Ring" "Hello?" "Hi, It's Classifier calling"

Time for another one pal. This time don't throw it.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Right, so Mondays coming to an end and nobody owns this thread for the week yet. Anybody want to post a pic for us, eigh?

confused0083
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    -Winston Churchill

GunSite South Africa
    Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

User

Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    Right, so Mondays coming to an end and nobody owns this thread for the week yet. Anybody want to post a pic for us, eigh?

confused0083
    I'm planning on posting a mini review with lots of pics for fellow Glock newbies on the G17, but only when I've had more range time with it. Not exotic, but it's a gun :P

Quote Originally Posted by shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig

confused0083
    I'm planning on posting a mini review with lots of pics for fellow Glock newbies on the G17, but only when I've had more range time with it. Not exotic, but it's a gun :P
    Sweet, sounds good.

Hey, it doesn't have to be exotic, it just has to be yours.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    -Winston Churchill

GunSite South Africa
    Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

User

I nominate my Winchester pre 64 model 70 in .375 H&H Mag as firearm of the week. Mine was made in 1949 and is in very good original cond. I'm not going to sing the praises of the pre 64 and controlled feeding again, but the rifle is very well balanced, reliable, very accurate and the trigger is about the best on any rifle I've handled. The metalwork tolerances are not up to the same standard as my 1907 manufacture Mauser m98, but it is very good and more than acceptable for a working rifle. The stock design is not ideal for scoped use, with much drop at the comb. I plan to have a custom stock made next year. The .375 caliber is also the most versatile cartridge, with bullet weights between 200 and 380 gr. The recoil is not at all bad, in my rifle it feels like a lightweight 30-06 when I fire 300 grainers. With 200gr GS Customs you can easily go up to 3300 fps for those karoo Springbuck... And it has to be one of the best looking actions ever made.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg a.JPG (39.8 KB, 178 views)
    • File Type: jpg b.JPG (42.3 KB, 136 views)

User

Ahh.. the 'ole Winchester Mod 70, turning animals into a fur/crimson slurry since BEFORE 1964.
    happy0065

Quote Originally Posted by Glockster
    Ahh.. the 'ole Winchester Mod 70, turning animals into a fur/crimson slurry since BEFORE 1964.
    happy0065
    VC and NVA too, in the hands of USMC Scout Snipers
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

here we go lad's and lady's for your reading pleasure the GLOCK 34

http://www.gunreports.com/gow/handgu...978a:&st=email

Not much has changed on the Glock 34, and it is still the most popular choice for Practical Shooting competitors, including Dave Sevigny, the most prolific winner in the history of the USPSA Production division.

The G34 featured a 5.3-inch barrel on a full-size frame that housed a 17-round magazine. The G34 has a large cutout in the top of its slide. It might just be the easiest way to produce a slide of the proper weight so that reciprocation remains smooth and reliable.

The G34 configuration (shared by the 40-caliber G35) is the only Glock sold with adjustable sights as standard equipment. It was also the first Glock sold with competition-bred options such as an extended magazine release, enhanced slide-release lever, and a 3.5-pound connector that reduced the weight of the trigger pull. The fact that Glock has a head start when it comes to innovations from the world of Practical Shooting should not be underestimated.

In our assessment of the XDM we mentioned that the XD’s trigger required take-up to a definitive point of resistance. The Glock on the other hand offers a feeling of continuous compression. Indeed, that is exactly what is happening. The spring that powers the striker of the XD is almost completely loaded by movement of the slide. The trigger of the Glock does much more of the actual compression.

Over the course of this compression we think the Glock shooter is dialed into the process. Results from our accuracy tests showed an average size group of about 2.5 inches across firing full-metal-jacket rounds. This was about the same performance as our Springfield Armory pistol. But when firing the 124-grain Speer Gold Dot ammunition, the G34 was a close second to the CZ.

The first target of our action test showed a 7-inch-wide group almost perfectly centered on the target. The central target furthest from the shooter did not look much different than the left-side target which was engaged first. The group did not show any hits on the 3-inch bulseye, instead forming a circle around it. The target to the right was engaged last.

The remarkable aspect of the hits on this target was that it displayed four pairs of snake-eyed hits with the holes less than 1 inch apart. We read this as showing where the shooter stopped on the target to fire his two shots. Consistency from shot to shot was perhaps the greatest attribute of the Glock 34.

get in touch with Geoff from Southern Arms (Hotdawg!) and order yours today!
    I am studying an awesome brand of leg fighting which was inspired by dung beetles and I think my brand of Kraft Manure is superior to all other styles ever invented. Furthermore I challenge all other manurists to a rolling contest where we shall establish whose manure ball is the biggest! I shall call it Honest Kraft Manure and declare it superior to all other brands of manure and will tell you that I have claimed the lineage directly to Imshi the great Dragon Kru Master Beetler who invented manuring, by gathering all manure from different animals together and making it work as the worlds most effective fertilizer. I proved myself by being members of not one but three super elite special gardening departments who were responsible for spreading manure to combat weed infestations!

Default Friend for LIFE!!!

My firearm for the week also happens to be my friend for life.
    Ive got a glock 17, its my carry gun and also my competitive pin shooting gun.
    DSC01105.jpg

The reason why i m putting it up is because there is no firearm in the WORLD that is more comefortable to me.
    Obviously its going to differ from person to person but this is my glock, there are many like it but this one is mine.
    DSC01111.jpg

A special feature that I have installed is a trigger locking mechanism called the "siderlock". Its a silver pin on the trigger that blocks off the action to litterally act as a safety catch for a glock pistol.
    I find this very conveniant since Ive adapted myself to sleep with a chambered cartridge and my hand safely wrapped around it.
    It is no nuicance at all once trust and muscle memory has been built.
    DSC01108.jpgDSC01113.JPG
    At last weeks National Pin Shooting match held in Pietersburg, i shot the second fastest time in the 9pin event with a time of 5.46s and the winning time was 5.43s. I considder this slow as I know Ive shot times of 4.28s, but the point is not to brag.
    The point is I only shoot around 30-40 bullets a month with this gun at our monthly Pins competition the rest I make up with dry fire once a weekend for about 5min. You can see my surprise at actually having done not so badly ^^ hahaha

DSC01106.jpg
    Thanks for a interesting topic on an awsome forum

User

Default Re: Friend for LIFE!!!

Eish man!

Are you sure you wanna fall asleep with your handgun in your hand!!

Are you serious ?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast