Default How much time do you spend on the preperation of a application?

Just a silly question (or not)...

How much time do you spend on the preparation and compilation of a licence or temp permit application?

In the past year I had to renew my licences and obtained various firearms for which I applied for new licences and for some of them for temp permits. All of these did not occur all at once and I basically did the last one today.

I would say that each application took me at least a good few hours to do the motivation, fill in all the forms, make copies of everything and then binding them. I would say that there could have been one more tree standing in the forest for all the paper I used.. ;D

I have kept copies of everything I have submitted and this is all in one of those photo copy paper boxes and this box is about 1/3 full with all these applications....

I think with the success's I have had up to now with re licencing, new licenses and temp permits, it has been time well spend but I would say that if I add all up...it has been a substantial amount of time.

Is your experience the same or doe you find the preparation of a application to be quick and a walk in the park or is it a time consuming job with quite a bit of effort going in?

User

Default Re: How much time do you spend on the preperation of a application?

By now my applications are relatively quick as I have created a template for myself. All the documents are scanned and attached. All I basically do is write the small motivation part for each induvidual firearm application. Then I hit the print button.

Getting to that point did take some time however and the research that goes into every motivation does take some time. Now I can be ready with all my documentation the same day if required for a new application. I whish the CFR was that sorted whp

User

Hi Corne

I only completed the block marked motivation only for my 3 fire-arm application.
    I received all three, though 2 years later.

At the time, my DFO said he had had two applications returned: (1) Applicant used same motivation for 2 rifles of similar calibre which the SAPS queried; (2) The other was for incomplete documents.

I spent a few (4 - 5) hours on my motivation - but that is what is necessary at least for the first one to get it through the licensing process