User

Default Submission of Returns and Maintenance of Workstations by Dealers

Hi there,
    I'm assisting a client with his licencing as a Gunshop Owner.
    He's done the Competency Training and we're gearing up with all the requirements as set out ito Sec 33, 34 & 39 of the Act.

Most of these are not too much of an hassle, however the section regarding "Submission of Returns and Maintenance of Workstations by Dealers" - if I understand this correctly - allows for either the electronic or manual recording of Stock received and sold.

"Every licenced dealer must maintain a workstation that is linked to the current system and the electronic network connectivity must be compatible with the infrastructure and standards of the SAPS."

Can anyone tell me what these standards and infrastructure is? Because the SAPS sure can't!

Does anyone have a contact number in the IT department for SAPS that handles this setup/connection to the CFR?

Is it a very simple process or way more complicated than I suppose?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

JB

User

Default Re: Submission of Returns and Maintenance of Workstations by Dealers

I know that SITA (State Information Technology Agency) provides IT products and support to SAPS. Maybe a dealer has some experience on this setup, the few gunshops i visit, do not have an IT connection of any sort to the SAPS.

JB, the SAPS can't tell you about it because none of it exists except in the imagination of the people who drafted the FCA. It's proved to be another of those high-falutin'-how-the-hell-do-we-actually-make-it-happen things. The only way to submit anything is manually. Period.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderin' Zero View Post
    JB, the SAPS can't tell you about it because none of it exists except in the imagination of the people who drafted the FCA. It's proved to be another of those high-falutin'-how-the-hell-do-we-actually-make-it-happen things. The only way to submit anything is manually. Period.
    Oh...I see.
    So when I come back from Narnia on my Unicorn, I can tell my client the good news.
    -> Start ordering stationary.