User

Default chokes and shot!?

Hi guys

I have been hunting Gypos and Spurwing all my life with no 3 shot, but I notice a lot of people are moving towards no 5 or 6 now with an argument that a needle( no 6 shot) will pierce flesh easier than a pen( no 3 shot), I know there are other factors also at play here and I understand it! I'm not going into that argument any more but I would like to know what your thoughts are? I have seen these guys get good results, and I myself once accidentally loaded my gun with a claypigeon round and nailed a spurwing with it !

I am currently hunting with mo.3's 34 GR's but would like to know what you recommend for:

EGyptian geese & Spurwing
    Guinea fowl
    Duckies

...............and what choke do you recommend for a single barrel semi auto for bird hunting and what chokes for hunting with a o/u and claypigeon!

Thanks

Default Re: chokes and shot!?

There are those who will use a longer gun for waterfowling. There is a lot to be said for it.

Gypo's - 3's
    Guineas - 5's
    Duck - 5's

Choke is a personal thing. Your shot selection and your preferred range will determine that. I would suggest 1/4 as a default. But why limit yourself to a single barrel? Go for a nice S/S with 1/4 and 3/4.

User

Default Re: chokes and shot!?

Thanks Springer for your thaughts! I can get a limited edition Beretta semi auto for cheap! lol

I have a BRNO o/u that I use for clays and hunting, looking for another 12 gauge, the BRNO works great in the field, ugly yes! but check my post awesome day out in this section!

I would just like one gun for clays and one for hunting