Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    User

Default New license app and SAP350 confusion

Hi All

I applied for a section 13 for a G19 gen4 on 17/09/2012 at Durbanville DFO. All forms supplied and everyone happy. When I followed up about my application I was informed that the app is still at DFO.

Phone DFO who indicates that he needs SAP350 form. I confirm that this was supplied with the app as I received it from dealer X here in cpt.

He says yes he has that, BUT the firearm was imported and supplied to dealer Y in Jhb. So what he needs is the SAP350 which indicates that the FA was received from "international dealer" to dealer Y in Jhb.

Does this make sense? Apparently it is indicated on the Firearms Registry as imported.

2weeks later and nothing has happened, so now I would like to do what I can to get things going.

Default Re: New license app and SAP350 confusion

You need to get a SAPS 350 (A) & (B) from the dealer you bought the firearm from, the firearm was imported from overseas so its still in the name where it was imported, perhaps phone your DFO And see if you can fax it through to them. Good luck!
    Like Us On Facebook!
    Forti Nihil Difficilius

User

Default Re: New license app and SAP350 confusion

TJ, thanks a mill for your assistance. Appreciate it.

User

Default SAP350 Bottleneck...

Morning all,

I had a little altercation with my DFO since Friday and the problem stems from the relevant dealer SAP350 not being processed at CFR....

Situation: Dealer receives stock from Importer and submits his SAP350 documentation to CFR. Customer buys firearm from Dealer and submits SAP271 which contains the SAP350 details on the document. DFO checks SAP271 details on system and it refelcts the Importer details as the dealer SAP350 has not been processed at CFR.

So... sorrie Mr. Applicant, we cannot take your application in as it will not be entered into our system until the dealer details reflect on the SAP350 query - affects our SLA stats.... Sounds logical... until you think about it....

Problem is that there are apparently a total slow-down at CFR processing these 350's and therefore the whole application stream grinds to a halt... actually there has been applicants returned to DFO due to "incorrect SAP350 details" - was shown examples of this on the system.

So even phoning Provincial peoples got me no progress ito handing my application in. Basic action now is to wait until the SAP350 backlog is cleared and then I can start...

Are there anyone else experiecning the same situation with their applications? Either handed in and returned/refused based on SAP350 reasons or not permitted to hand in?

Pls advise urgently!

B3

User

Default Re: SAP350 Bottleneck...

This whole bogus "requirement" from the police regarding the 350's really is utter bullsh!t. however, the "end users" (us) are caught between a rock and a hard place: we KNOW it's bullsh!t and I believe on the one hand we should start refusing to include it in our applications. However, we also KNOW that those apps either just get refused at station level (that was my experience) or the application will just get denied.... how can we effectively fight this?

:- P

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

B3, it's even worse than you describe!

Those guns are still listed on the Import Permit. They have not even been moved from the IP to the importing dealer's register yet! THAT'S why they're asking for a copy of the Import Permit as well.

The importer in question is at their wit's end. The particular logjam streches back to November 2012!

This is incompetence on a grand scale.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

This worries the shit out of me.

if i am correct are you saying the SAP 350 document is where the firearm is sitting at the moment, as in ownership?

With my app i submitted the document from the gun shop showing the serial no etc and all still in the dealers name. Is this what you are refering to?

Im new to this and its my first app

User

I do know that it was in the dealers name though. MRST T up in JHB from Stefan

User

Your dealer is legit.

I think this is more an admin issue from SAPS side.

User

The point is that there is a QA check to verify that the SAP271 detail on the SAP350 issection the same as what the system reflects when the DFO checks your applcition. Should this information not match, then viola, you are not handing in as you thought you were....

B3

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast