Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ALWAYS conceal?

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Ranger View Post
    Don't let people know you have firearms!!! My golden rule. The neighbour's wife thinks I load the car for fishing... I like how she thinks!

The day you're tested with an attack, you don't want them in code orange or red waiting for u to attack. Let them be more suprised to to look down your barrel and you were to see them!

And if you're still persistent on going topless, there's many more discreet weapons you CAN carry... Namely, folders, FB's, ASP, etc.
    Dont know what any of these are?? But not a problem. I seldom go without a shirt. Not in public anyway. Get what your saying about surprise. Let's hope that clown doesn't get any ideas. At least he knows I have it close. Should deter him, but I'd rather make another plan next time.

User

Quote Originally Posted by gwj DICKDEKOCK View Post
    Dont know what any of these are?? But not a problem. I seldom go without a shirt. Not in public anyway. Get what your saying about surprise. Let's hope that clown doesn't get any ideas. At least he knows I have it close. Should deter him, but I'd rather make another plan next time.
    Folding knives, fixed blades, tactical batons.... Etc etc

Default Re: ALWAYS conceal?

Aha thanks! Nope rather put my newly aquired boepie under a shirt than rely on those alone.Plus that old lawn mower is so fucked, I might need to shoot IT to survive!

User

Aha thanks! Nope rather put my newly aquired boepie under a shirt than rely on those alone.Plus that old lawn mower is so fucked, I might need to shoot IT to survive!
    Do your boepie a favor, and get a 'ride on' mower. Sheesh, you don't want to undo all that work you did in getting the boepie by something as lame as actual excercise.

User

Openly carrying your firearm (even on your front lawn) with only your rugby shorts on is also not really the image we need to portray about gun owners out there.

Just a thought. Use it, don't use it...
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

So this morning im mowing the lawn.I'm wearing only a PT short, no shirt. I decide to bring my G19 outside, since it's useless when not with me. So while I'm putting it on the window sill(not on me since I'm wearing no belt), I think wait man, just stick it IWB and tighten the PT's white shoe lace-thing. So while mowing, I wonder if it is good having guys walking past in the street and seeing my FA (remember no shirt).While wondering, a child of the struggle walks past and stares a while when seeing the gun. Which makes me wonder even more. Wouldn't like to be an invitation for a few guys comint to pick up a gun or something.

Would like to hear what you guys think. Conceal even when behind the fence?
    My feeling is that if you really feel the need to have your sidearm on you while you mow your lawn, rather dress for the operation. But I'd risk mowing my lawn unarmed.

Just an observation, but in a country where it is not all that unusual for cops to be targeted and, sometimes, even shot for their guns, and thugs torture people during home invasions to get them to open the gun safe, I'm thinking that open carry...in ones' own yard or not...might not be a good solution if one felt they needed to be armed while doing yard chores, etc...
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

Banned

I have never heard a sensible argument for open carry, even at home with friends who know I carry 25/7 for +25yrs. Hide it. Always. IMHO.

User

Just tuck a shirt over the pistol. Leave it hanging next to your leg. I had a chat with a cop while carrying like this and he didn't even have a clue I was armed.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosis View Post
    Do your boepie a favor, and get a 'ride on' mower. Sheesh, you don't want to undo all that work you did in getting the boepie by something as lame as actual excercise.
    I'm not against the idea of exercise. It is just not practical, since running wit a beer in your hand can cause a mess!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast