Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default DSS through SAHUNT or NSA and your SLR.

Had very interesting conversations this morning with SAHUNT and NSA with regards to endorsements of SLR's.

The bottom line is NONE of them endorse SLR's as they do not have specific tables you can shoot on their shooting tables and they are also not accredited to endorse SLR's.

So does this boil down to the following:

If you have an SLR licensed to you through either the above mentioned associations dedicated sport shooting status that you are now illegally in possession of said SLR?

Does this also mean that the ONLY legal and correct way to obtain a SLR and also the only associations in SA that endorse SLR's would be SADPA or IPSC?

User

Default Re: DSS through SAHUNT or NSA and your SLR.

Spoke to my DFO this morning on this issue and according to him the law do not require any endorsement from any org for any FA (please correct me if i am wrong since it was on the phone and did not see no doc for this affect)they require a proof of being a Dedicated Sport man (or Hunter when apply )

Long range, never move from that area. Your DFO seems to actually know something.

Black-ops, as long range said, the endorsement is a non-issue. It usually makes licencing easier, but if you get the licence without it, it is legal.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    Black-ops, as long range said, the endorsement is a non-issue.
    Took my sec 16 (dedicated sports shooting) to Douglasdale (JHB) on friday.

DFO insisted that I must have firearms endorsement from SADPA !! Luckily I did.

Guess it depends on your local DFO

User

Yip phoned the DFO on Thursday last week my apps for semi-auto rifle was still at the station because they are awaiting new criteria for submission of section 16 apps. Me thinks it is exactly this - that any section 16 app for dedicated sport shooting must be accompanied by an endorsement letter from the specific association.

This means that only SADPA and IPSC dedicated sport shooters will be able to receive endorsement letters for semi-auto rifles. All the more reason to get involved in the sport.

My other question is does SADPA and IPSC endorse hunting rifles?

User

Black-ops, please let us know when/if your hear any further details on the new criteria for section 16.

User

Quote Originally Posted by golof View Post
    Black-ops, please let us know when/if your hear any further details on the new criteria for section 16.
    Will do but it should boil down to the endorsement letters thats what I think if indeed there is any new criteria.

Or it could boil down to the pure laziness and incompetence of my DFO in Mondeor. Apps lie there extremely long before they actually move on to provincial. And now they are just giving me any excuse why the apps are still with them.

User

I was also informed about the new checklists for documentation.

IIRC DHS S16 application requires an endorsement letter (I sincerely hope it has nothing to do with the organisations 'approving' licenses-thing) as well as two letters from farmers stating you can hunt there.

It would be great if we, as the shooters, could be given those checklists as well. It would save a bunch of time.
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

User

Quote Originally Posted by JS4 View Post
    I was also informed about the new checklists for documentation.

IIRC DHS S16 application requires an endorsement letter (I sincerely hope it has nothing to do with the organisations 'approving' licenses-thing) as well as two letters from farmers stating you can hunt there.

It would be great if we, as the shooters, could be given those checklists as well. It would save a bunch of time.
    So you say dedicated hunter required endorsement and letters from hunting farm. But dedicated sport shooter didn't need an endorsement letter to accompany the app?

It almost feels like the CFR wants to move it to the organization (or was urged by the organizations to move it over to them) that an endorsement letter from them was needed and then it could be approved by the CFR making the CFR's job easier. This could have major repercussions for firearm applications in the future also to whom I will be paying my yearly membership fees.

But maybe it just because I'm not wearing my tinfoil hat today and I feel like starting a conspiracy.

User

follow the money as they say

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast