Quote Originally Posted by JS4 View Post
Nope. I haven't been exposed to the new checklist for DSS yet, but I assume it will have the same requirement.

I took issue with the two letters from farmers as I pointed out that a) I had two letters accompanying my initial rifle competency already, b) I already have Dedicated Hunter Status and c) I listed a commercial website offering hunting opportunities all through Southern Africa as a reference for where I am able to hunt.

I always have an endorsement letter attached, but this seems to be another case of SAPS/CFR making up requirements as they go along as an endorsement is not required by law AFAIK.
Ja they are really pissing me off with their inconsistency. And it would seem that I would have to join multiple organizations to be able to get endorsement letters for certain types of firearms.

This in turn would mean more commitment and shoots to attend during the course of the year to maintain dedicated status at said institutions. As if running around with kids and family commitments aren't taxing enough already. Ai the hoops the CFR (shooting organizations {tinfoil-hat on}) is making us jump through .