Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Give our Guns Back!

So,
    I’m in my favourite orphanage (aka gunshop)
    It’s almost time for the news (approx 11h58)
    An elderly couple, thoroughly intimidated, are handing in there “GUNS’,

Without warning the dude behind the counter holds up his hand & shouts “S’cuse me”
    A hush descends in the shop as we all listen to the news
    regarding Judge Prinsloo’s judgement!

You could have heard a pin drop………

The deadline had been postponed!

Wow!

The elderly couple exclaim “Give us our gunsback!”
    The shop owner digs through a pile of handguns in the corner of the shop & hands the guns back to the ol’ timers.
    Paper work is torn up.
    Everyone is smiling ;D

The ol’timers acknowledge that they have been ‘slapgaat’ but now they will get there b hinds into gear!

PLEASE WARN EVERYONE AGAINST INTIMIDATION.

;D

Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

User

Default Re: Give our Guns Back!

Glad they were able to get their guns back before D-day

I wonder if one who had handed in thieir "piece"on say Thursday or Friday, would be able to get it back?
    I hope some people try.........
    confused0083
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

The allready destructed arms may now cost Bothma a bonus or two .......... HaHaHa

User

He should have to pay from his own pocket :police:

User

if a new court app declares this whole process flawed then can I get all my money for all my applications back? this whole process has been a bugger up from the start - they should rethink everything and licence the person and not the firearm

Ya know...I am not certain exactly what I am...half Amercian and half South African I suppose you could fairly say. I love this place as if it were my home in many ways.

I am currently in SA with a pistol on a temporary permit, and it galls Hell out of me that I am not able to simply have the SA guys run my US records and approve the gun...because I am the real issue...NOT the firearm. Yes, I understand many things about the SA process...some which shall remain unspoken, but I agree 1000%...license the gun owner, not the gun(s).
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

Quote Originally Posted by dave schenck
    if a new court app declares this whole process flawed then can I get all my money for all my applications back? this whole process has been a bugger up from the start - they should rethink everything and licence the person and not the firearm
    That would be the common sense thing to do.

However, I do not believe I am being to cynical to presume that politics, ego's & careers are on the line.
    Thus commonsense will not prevail.

This could have been prevented.

User

Licence may be valid, but firearm is gone
    June 30 2009 at 12:07PM

By Lavern de Vries

Gun owners from across Cape Town have been streaming into dealerships iin the vain hope of retrieving the weapons they either sold or handed over voluntarily, in the wake of a Pretoria High Court ruling that the old licences are still valid.

Previously, gun owners who missed the deadline for licence renewals were expected to hand in their weapons to police by midnight on Tuesday.

But that changed with the High Court ruling on Friday, after police were apparently unable to cope administratively with the licensing burden, in line with the Firearms Control Act.

It is understood that provincial police have received a national directive saying that weapons voluntarily handed over will not yet be destroyed, pending the outcome of the main court application, which challenges the constitutionality of the Firearms Control Act.

But police have warned that this does not mean that people who handed in their guns can now retrieve them, even though they have not yet been destroyed.

Gun shops across the city have reportedly fielded questions from former owners asking about the ruling.

"In most cases they can't get them back because the guns have been taken off their names," said Joe Da Silva, owner of Parow Arms gun dealership.

In its application on Friday, the South African Hunters and Game Conservation Association maintained that the transitional arrangements of the new act infringed on the rights of gun owners.

This article was originally published on page 6 of Cape Argus on June 30, 2009

Why can't a gunshop, which has accepted a firearm, but not yet completed the paper work (ie get the FA onto their books), not hand it back?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast