Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Default Re: Double Action Revolver Sports Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by hksluiter View Post
    Does this count as a club shoot? How many dedicated points would one get for participating?

Even if none it does kinda sound like fun.
    It IS a club shoot! As for points, that depends of who and how you have DSS; this your business, not ours. We are affiliated to the SA Pistol Federation (http://www.samarksman.co.za/ ), but you do not have to belong to any organisation to shoot with us.

Of course it is fun, that is why we do it :-)

Peter

User

Quote Originally Posted by hksluiter View Post
    Does this count as a club shoot? How many dedicated points would one get for participating?

Even if none it does kinda sound like fun.
    If you are a Natshoot member for example this would actually be two shoots / shooting events.
    It is a club shoot day but there are two diffrent competitions each with its own score sheet. You can shoot one or both... But you only pay once.
    Come to think of it I cannot really say that I know of a club that is cheaper to visit (as an outsider / non-member) than PTA revolver club.

Quote Originally Posted by M43 View Post
    If you are a Natshoot member for example this would actually be two shoots / shooting events.
    It is a club shoot day but there are two diffrent competitions each with its own score sheet. You can shoot one or both... But you only pay once.
    Come to think of it I cannot really say that I know of a club that is cheaper to visit (as an outsider / non-member) than PTA revolver club.
    So come on then, let us see several of you on Saturday!

Peter

User

Quote Originally Posted by High Power View Post
    So come on then, let us see several of you on Saturday!

Peter
    Range bag already packed... Loaded up some bullet corp powder coated for the wheelgun, and I'm going to run the G23 in the pistol match, just because I think it is more accurate than any 9mm...

User

Range bag already packed... Loaded up some bullet corp powder coated for the wheelgun, and I'm going to run the G23 in the pistol match, just because I think it is more accurate than any 9mm...
    But does it liquefy?

User

Quote Originally Posted by oafpatroll View Post
    But does it liquefy?
    Yes, but ONLY if one uses RIP Black Toenail hollowpoints. Its nasty shit, like black talons but permanently set on "frappe".
    And then I have some limmited edition Ingrown Black Toenail HP's. They dont always open up but they cause instant septisemia / gangreen / hairloss etc.

User

Yes, but ONLY if one uses RIP Black Toenail hollowpoints. Its nasty shit, like black talons but permanently set on "frappe".
    And then I have some limmited edition Ingrown Black Toenail HP's. They dont always open up but they cause instant septisemia / gangreen / hairloss etc.
    I figured you were badass but hadn't realised that you were 32nd level mall ninja badass. Repsect!

User

Just to report back... If there are any people interested in hearing about shooting events mostly attended by people shooting obsolete guns in obsolete calibres...

This was a truckload of fun. For hitting stuff (accurately in within time limits) at 25 meters... a double action revolver still gets the job done.

And specifically in the 600 match...
    And I'm going to be honest; this is just to poke fun at those who have "arrived" and moved on to guns that have "better" triggers, grip angles and ergo's than early 90's Glocks and especially for those who suck on the tit of "the .40 is dead because excessive recoil bla-bla"

Sorry boys, winning gun on the day was a second hand gen 3 G23 with 180 factor ammo.

Sorry boys, winning gun on the day was a second hand gen 3 G23 with 180 factor ammo.
    And a very good shooter, mentioning no names!

Peter

User

Sounds like it was a success. Good to hear. Did anyone except the big boys get to the 590 mark in the 600 match?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast