Default Questions regarding gun licence’s

As I understand things:
    All green licenses are valid until the act is tested (+- 6-8months?)
    Questions:
    1. Can those who have not re-licensed at this point still re-license? confused0083
    2. May a gun shop owner dealer stock a firearm, on an “un-renewed” license, on 1st of July & still be ‘legal’. confused0083

Regarding the CFR.
    1. If they cannot cope with the existing backlog, how are they going to cope with the 2nd round of renewals that start next year? confused0083
    2. Will they use this ‘gap’ provided by the judgement & commit resources to the backlog. confused0083
    3. Can those who had not re-licensed, but handed in there guns ‘ask’ for them back, and then undergo competency & re-licensing? confused0083

I would appreciate some help, as friends & family are asking.
    Thanks
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

User

Default Re: Questions regarding gun licence’s

are you trying to pick a fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Ranger
    are you trying to pick a fight?
    They started it.......
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

User

Best to go and read that SAPS directive on SAGA's web site (http://www.saga.org.za/News.htm#SAPS...%20June%202009)

As I understand it ...

1. I don't see this addressed anywhere in the directive ?

2. "All firearms which are currently in safe storage with licenced firearm dealers and gunsmiths, will remain valid and need not be handed to the South African Police Service for destruction."

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo16
    Best to go and read that SAPS directive on SAGA's web site (http://www.saga.org.za/News.htm#SAPS...%20June%202009)

As I understand it ...

1. I don't see this addressed anywhere in the directive ?

2. "All firearms which are currently in safe storage with licenced firearm dealers and gunsmiths, will remain valid and need not be handed to the South African Police Service for destruction."
    Thanks Gizmo16
    Been getting answers....
    Either way its all temporary.....
    ???

User

I don't know whether there are any lawyers here. If there are, I suspect they will withhold their professional opinion in any case.

You're dealing with things that can get you locked up. Taking an opinion off the 'net and taking that kinda chance is stupid.

If you're looking for someone to tell you that everything's going to be OK, well, if you ask around enough, someone's going to say "it's OK". But when you get dragged off in chains, claiming that "wrm said it's OK" is not going to work.

Sorry, I'm parking off on you because I've been fielding these questions since Friday.

No, everything's not going to be OK. This court case WAS NOT A VICTORY!!! It's merely the thin end of a wedge. We can use it, or not. Using it will take EFFORT. Who of you are prepared to put in the effort? Or are you happy with the way things were going?

To answer you, camo. It's a mess. It was a mess, it's still a mess, and it will stay a mess. Do what you need to do, study the SAPS directives, wait for the text of the judgement to come out, study that, be responsible for your own destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by wrm
    I don't know whether there are any lawyers here. If there are, I suspect they will withhold their professional opinion in any case.

You're dealing with things that can get you locked up. Taking an opinion off the 'net and taking that kinda chance is stupid.

If you're looking for someone to tell you that everything's going to be OK, well, if you ask around enough, someone's going to say "it's OK". But when you get dragged off in chains, claiming that "wrm said it's OK" is not going to work.

Sorry, I'm parking off on you because I've been fielding these questions since Friday.

No, everything's not going to be OK. This court case WAS NOT A VICTORY!!! It's merely the thin end of a wedge. We can use it, or not. Using it will take EFFORT. Who of you are prepared to put in the effort? Or are you happy with the way things were going?

To answer you, camo. It's a mess. It was a mess, it's still a mess, and it will stay a mess. Do what you need to do, study the SAPS directives, wait for the text of the judgement to come out, study that, be responsible for your own destiny.
    Totally agree: IT IS A MESS. A STUPID PREVENTABLE MESS