Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Default Re: Alarm system - Advice please

Does any of you guys know of a company in the Centurion area who does installations?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    Does any of you guys know of a company in the Centurion area who does installations?
    Try Shop4Security, not sure about their number, alternativily I'm sure most AR companies can help.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk 2

User

Pilgrim,

I also considered our local AR alarm installation, and you are right, the amount comes to a few rand more, but the system I got is way better than their system firstly, and secondly mine is wireless, and their system was wired. I'm still busy with renovations at the house, so I will move the "eyes" around, thus wireless is the way to go for my setup. I will also link this to our local AR company.

This thread helped allot.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Bighunter View Post
    Only two problems I've had is it hates the voda sim. Changed it to mtn all good. The back up battery only lasts 12 hours I changed that to a bigger battery.

Works well.
    Saved me 3 times so far.
    Bighunter, i tried to PM you but apparently you have too many pm's allready... I saw your post from 2012 regarding the predator alarm system. I am seriously considering purchasing and installing this system. I was just wondering if you are still happy with the system 3 years on? Would you still recommend it?

User

Necropost, but I am posting this for the benefit of anyone who may search for it in future.

I had a Cellsecure system in my house since I moved in more than 15 years ago. Cellsecure provided the connectivity via cellphone and for that debited about R75 from my bank account every month for the subscription. This is http://www.cellsecureholdings.com/ as mentioned in a post above.

Problem is I replaced the entire system a long time ago, after the cell control service became very intermittent and unreliable. And last year noticed they are still debiting my account every month. I wrote to them to cancel this. They came with a sop story about 3 months notice, but whatever...I cancelled it. I also tried to cancel it through ABSA after three months, just to have Cellsecure frikkin reinstate the debit order.

Now it is a few months after the 3 months and, you guessed it: They are STILL happily grabbing my money every month. And when I cancel the debit order through ABSA, seems Cellsecure is there the next day to put it back.

I hear the horror stories of people trying to get rid of their Telkom accounts. But seems to me these people are just as bad. What is the definition of stealing?

Be advised and beware.

I have now re-written to them and given them until this coming Friday to respond. I'll keep you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Piet vWdVries View Post
    Necropost, but I am posting this for the benefit of anyone who may search for it in future.

I had a Cellsecure system in my house since I moved in more than 15 years ago. Cellsecure provided the connectivity via cellphone and for that debited about R75 from my bank account every month for the subscription. This is http://www.cellsecureholdings.com/ as mentioned in a post above.

Problem is I replaced the entire system a long time ago, after the cell control service became very intermittent and unreliable. And last year noticed they are still debiting my account every month. I wrote to them to cancel this. They came with a sop story about 3 months notice, but whatever...I cancelled it. I also tried to cancel it through ABSA after three months, just to have Cellsecure frikkin reinstate the debit order.

Now it is a few months after the 3 months and, you guessed it: They are STILL happily grabbing my money every month. And when I cancel the debit order through ABSA, seems Cellsecure is there the next day to put it back.

I hear the horror stories of people trying to get rid of their Telkom accounts. But seems to me these people are just as bad. What is the definition of stealing?

Be advised and beware.

I have now re-written to them and given them until this coming Friday to respond. I'll keep you posted.
    I am with FNB, if i dispute a debit order and i instruct them not to process it they dont process it, maybe switch to a new bank.

I had a similar issue with a another company but not security related. I cancelled their service and stopped the debit order, the company called me and requested that one month must be debited, so i EFT'd that one month's amount and never had them debit my account. No complaints with FNB though

User

From what I understand you can tell your bank to reverse any debit order I think within 7 days of your account being debited (not sure of the time frame). If you have put a stop against a debit order at your bank they can not reinstate without your written consent, I would take it up with the bank.

User

Following on the above,they actually phoned me today :)

So, this woman who phones me is mystified because she recons they definitely cancelled my account when I asked her to do it. I say " donde esta la biblioteca ", and then it is blablablabla....oh my god.... Turns out she DID cancel the account. She canceled the first "P van Wyk" account she had on her list...

Which was not me.

Someone called P van Wyk somewhere has no alarm system anymore.

So anyway, whether she was truthful or if it is just more BS, we will see in a month's time. If she is on a level, then Cellsecure Holdings are not criminal, merely incompetent.

PS, I am with other better banks for a long time already. The ABSA account I still have though for publishing reasons.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5