Thread: 9mm SD

Banned

Default 9mm SD

Hi guys

I am new on gunsite , just bit confused on what 9mm to get for SD, choices are glock 19, hk P30 smith & wesson mp9, canmake a decision, can someone help.

User

Default Re: 9mm SD

This is a whole new topic hitherto never discussed.

Try the search function. It may just surprise you. Or just look at a couple pages on the handgun section of the forum.

User

so polite BigT! and he hasn't even posted an intro!

Hey NR1.

Just post an intro to introduce yourself a bit first.

If you check the handguns section, you will find loads of info about the mentioned FAs.

User

Save your self the trouble. Buy a glock.

Banned

Sorry chaps
    Cool, here goes!

Just a bit of background. I've always been fascinated by guns and have been . My bro has a gun glock 19 and I want one as well but something different, from durban so not so exposed like the jhb guys, dad had a gun and we still learning about them,so I wana buy once off and don't want to make a wrong decision, I used the s&w and glock , p30 just looks great, nothing in the country presently
    , So that brings me to wait or settle give and take how long I had to wait for competency and now I have to wait for licence it sucks.

User

For self defence there is just ONE option - Glock! Reliability, reliability, reliability.

User

Quote Originally Posted by NR1 View Post
    Sorry chaps
    Cool, here goes!

Just a bit of background. I've always been fascinated by guns and have been . My bro has a gun glock 19 and I want one as well but something different, from durban so not so exposed like the jhb guys, dad had a gun and we still learning about them,so I wana buy once off and don't want to make a wrong decision, I used the s&w and glock , p30 just looks great, nothing in the country presently
    , So that brings me to wait or settle give and take how long I had to wait for competency and now I have to wait for licence it sucks.
    Why? Why something different? have you shot his G19? does it fit your hand correctly, do you feel one with the gun, if not look at something else that feels better and you shoot better. Not for the reason, because he has one, i want something different. A handgun is a tool, to use to protect your life, it would mean shit if it does not work when required.

User

Try the Caracal.

All three guns mentioned in your initial post are good guns. I have and like the M&P9, but I think that you will find GLOCK mags easier to come by.