Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default What lubricant do you use in your firearms?

After looking at the debate of using Q20 in firearms, I was wondering what lubricants are you using in your firearms? What do you like and what not? What do you thing works and what does not work?

User

Default Re: What lubricant do you use in your firearms?

For carry purposes with the Glocks I use a dry lube called white lightning. The dry lube works well for carry as there is no oily mess to contend with. For extended shooting sessions and the 1911s I use turbo gel nice and thick and it doesnt cook off. Funnily enough I have also had really good results with Wynns charge. For everything else KY works hpy71

So you say your motor vehicle is lubricated with KY...... confused0083......interesting, very interesting....... confused0068......If I may ask, what make are you driving....... confused0068

For moving parts such as slide/barrel and slide frame, I use Tetra Gun Grease. Doesnt boil off, but leaves a nice, slick finish.

Rest only wiped down with oily (Trisol) cloth.

User

A liberal dollop of KY to the rear, ahem...breech, and a vigorous application of the rod (cleaning rod) down the bore normally leaves me satisfied.
    TetraGun anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Glockster
    A liberal dollop of KY to the rear, ahem...breech, and a vigorous application of the rod (cleaning rod) down the bore normally leaves me satisfied.
    TetraGun anyone?
    Are you talking out of personal experience from you incarceration period?

TW25B on my carry gun.
    Rescomp Speed Metal on my sport guns.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

I have been using TW25B on both carry and sport guns and find it very nice. For a carry gun I like it as it does not 'run' all over and mess up your clothes like oil and it stands up quite nice in an extended shooting session.

I also see that Larry Vickers makes reference to it and seem to approve of it.

Klever Ballistol. Was in a gun shop up the West Coast a coupla years back when an old timer waltzes in and asks for some.  He buys a bottle and asks if there is a tablespoon handy he can lend.  Out he goes to his car - of course everybody in the shop is now burning with curiosity......I kid you not he pours out some of this stuff into the spoon and makes his kid swallow it confused0068!  When he returned the spoon we of course had to ask WTF that was about.  Turns out Klever Ballistol is an old 'farm' remedy for the squirts.  He and his family were travelling from Windhoek to CT and the kid ate something that got him going.

If Klever Ballistol can get a squirty kid out of the sh*t...then it's good enough for me happy0065

I have also heard this story about this product and it was apparently used in WWII for this purpose by the troops.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast