Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default SADPA and IPSC endorsement of what exactly?

Hi guys I have a sweet and short question:

Does SADPA or IPSC endorse hunting rifles?

I know they will endorse pistols and SLR's.

Default Re: SADPA and IPSC endorsement of what exactly?

SADPA has a bolt- and lever action division

User

Quote Originally Posted by KevinF View Post
    SADPA has a bolt- and lever action division
    Thanks I have been surfing the SADPA website but cant find the criteria regarding bolt action rifles. Is there a link to the website that specifies how many different rifles can be used in the bolt action devision if it can have a scope et etc.

User

Go to "RULES" and download the DMG rules. It's all in there.
    [b]Be ready for anything, and if his head is not at least two meters away from the body, do not 'assume' he is dead and out of the fight.[/b] [I]- Ikor[/I]

User

Quote Originally Posted by JS4 View Post
    Go to "RULES" and download the DMG rules. It's all in there.
    Did quickly read through there earlier will check in depth again.

User

There is no bolt action division per se in DMG.

You can use a bolt action rifle in a DMG match in the appropriate division of caliber and sight set-up combination.

You will however not be allowed to reload the bolt action rifle once it is empty unless it accommodates a feeding device like a mag for example, in which case you can reload the rifle with pre-charged mags (you will not be allow to use only one mag and load rounds into the mag during the course of fire). If the rifle does not accommodate a feeding device you will not be allowed to reload the rifle and it will be required that you finish the course of fire with your handgun once the rifle is empty.

Same goes for lever action etc.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba View Post

You can use a bolt action rifle in a DMG match in the appropriate division of caliber and sight set-up combination.

You will however not be allowed to reload the bolt action rifle once it is empty unless it accommodates a feeding device like a mag for example, in which case you can reload the rifle with pre-charged mags (you will not be allow to use only one mag and load rounds into the mag during the course of fire). If the rifle does not accommodate a feeding device you will not be allowed to reload the rifle and it will be required that you finish the course of fire with your handgun once the rifle is empty.

Hi read through it again and agree Khumba. Hunting rifles are not really for use in SADPA more like semi auto or SLR type rifles.

That basically answers my question as follows I am open to correction,

If you want different kinds of hunting rifles join SAHUNT and get DSS through them as they will give you endorsement on hunting rifles and semi-auto shotguns not to sure about endorsements on pistols though. You would have participate in two activities per year to maintain said status.

If you want a SLR or more then two pistols join SADPA or IPSC as they will endorse your SLR's and pistols and shotguns. You would also have to participate in at least five club shoots per year to maintain DSS through SADPA.

Is there currently any organization out there that will endorse the following multiple hunting rifles, multiple shotguns, multiple SLR's and multiple pistols.

User

IPSC Rifle Divisions.

http://www.ipsc.org/rules/divlistR.php - Basic outline

More detail. http://www.ipsc.org/pdf/RulesRifle.pdf

Havn't read the pdf (for manual rifles)... so you will need to read for yourself.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosis View Post
    IPSC Rifle Divisions.

http://www.ipsc.org/rules/divlistR.php - Basic outline

More detail. http://www.ipsc.org/pdf/RulesRifle.pdf

Havn't read the pdf (for manual rifles)... so you will need to read for yourself.
    Thanks, it is a bit confusing especially for someone that is not involved in the sport. I will rather phone the chairman of SADPA and IPSC in South Africa and ask them these questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba View Post

What is the definition of "a feeding device"? If a rifle has been set up specifically by the manufacturer for stripper clips, would this qualify as a "feeding device"? In this context I may perhaps point out that many combat rifles were issued with only one magazine and with stripper clips – even relatively modern semiautomatic rifles. Bear in mind too enbloc rifles such as the Garand.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast