Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Re: Endorsements in general

P2W, yes, that will work. You need DSS for putting it under S16, does not mean you need to have been declared dedicated by the organisation you want to shoot it in.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    P2W, yes, that will work. You need DSS for putting it under S16, does not mean you need to have been declared dedicated by the organisation you want to shoot it in.
    Yes but isn't it still up to SADPA weather they will endorse the semi if he has not yet achieved DSS through them?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Doomslayer View Post
    Am thinking of getting a 5.56 mm SLR for shits and giggles as well as maybe SD @ home?
    "For shits and giggles" would be good enough for me!

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Black-ops View Post
    Yes but isn't it still up to SADPA weather they will endorse the semi if he has not yet achieved DSS through them?
    Obviously endorsements are discretionary, but they don't endorse that you are able to licence the FA, but they endorse the suitability of the FA for use in SADPA comps. So having DSS or not having DSS should not influence the decision whether to endorse it or not.

This has, however, now gone way beyond OP. My idea was that it would be stupid to have to join another association to obtain an endorsement for a FA that I would solely be using for training for IDPA.

User

Sorry only half om my post arrived on the forum.

My original question was this - is there any problems with licencing a SLR with SA Hunters DSS as well as dedicated hunter status?

Should I join IDPSA or similar just to get a SLR licenced?

User

Obviously endorsements are discretionary, but they don't endorse that you are able to licence the FA, but they endorse the suitability of the FA for use in SADPA comps. So having DSS or not having DSS should not influence the decision whether to endorse it or not.

This has, however, now gone way beyond OP. My idea was that it would be stupid to have to join another association to obtain an endorsement for a FA that I would solely be using for training for IDPA.
    Agreed, I think there is allot of guys sitting with the same problem I am one of them.

User

You dont need endorsment. I have licensed a AR15, LM5, Remington R25 and a Atis Semi Auto Shotgun with nothing more than a single page motivation, Proof of club membership, Proof of SAPSA membership and Proof of suitability of the FA for the class in which I want to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidc View Post
    You dont need endorsment. I have licensed a AR15, LM5, Remington R25 and a Atis Semi Auto Shotgun with nothing more than a single page motivation, Proof of club membership, Proof of SAPSA membership and Proof of suitability of the FA for the class in which I want to use it.
    At present, yes. It is a rumoured that there is a checklist coming for CFR staff to work from, which includes a point of "endorsement letter".

User

At present, yes. It is a rumoured that there is a checklist coming for CFR staff to work from, which includes a point of "endorsement letter".
    So if an endorment becomes a "legal requirment" for a application when will it be implemented and how? How can they change the requirments as per the Act? They will just set themselfs up for more law suites.......

User

or they just decline and say insufficient motivation?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast