Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Car safes

Default Car safes

Are there any approved safes that can be fitted into a car?
    Some places don't allow firearms and don't even provide safes for temp storage while you're in the store.
    Any other options.
    sleep when you're dead

Default Re: Car safes

take you're buisness else where .
    don't tell them you armed.
    my policy is simple i don't hand in my gun and if they insist i leave . fighting0035

on the odd occasion i did hand a gun in i made sure i had another one on me, so when i lock up the one gun the doos gets so chuffed he found a gun he doesn't bother looking for any other weapons . grn1

Quote Originally Posted by bobby
    take you're buisness else where .
    don't tell them you armed.
    my policy is simple i don't hand in my gun and if they insist i leave . fighting0035

on the odd occasion i did hand a gun in i made sure i had another one on me, so when i lock up the one gun the doos gets so chuffed he found a gun he doesn't bother looking for any other weapons . grn1
    hpy71

Yeah if you can get past with a gun so can anyone else!

Also been looking for a vehicle safe installer. No luck so far. confused0083
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

As fas as I understand it, any VESA approved installer can do it for you. They are accredited to a certain standard and this is acceptable. You buy the safe that you need (and is of the required standard) and take it to whoever installs gearlocks (with the VESA certification) and you are ready to roll.

Quote Originally Posted by parthyc
    Are there any approved safes that can be fitted into a car?
    Some places don't allow firearms and don't even provide safes for temp storage while you're in the store.
    Any other options.
    I understand your frustration, but I'm not sure I would want to leave my firearm in a vehicle.
    "Guns are just tools, the way they're used reflects the society they're apart of, if you don't like guns, blame it on society" ~Chris Kyle

Maybe slightly off topic but related I think. When you go away on holiday and you stay in a place without a safe, like a rented beach cottage etc. Would it be legally acceptable to store the weapon in a vehicle safe? I seem to recall that it is not regarded as safe by SAPS to store your firearm in a vehicle and if the vehicle (and thus your firearm) got pinched you would be regarded as negligent.

Bushboy, agree with you about car being stolen and loss of firearm as a danger.
    However, taking the necessary precautions shows your intent to keep firearm safe.
    Take for eg, camping for the weekend. There are no safe facilities in your tent.
    This is why the option of car safe needs to be explored.
    sleep when you're dead

I suppose so. What do guys on this forum do when away from home for extended periods? I feel very safe where I holiday and dont feel the need at all for a firearm, but getting there and back is another story. Also would feel a little outa place carrying on the beach.

User

Shower is the only place I don't carry, and I'm not entirely happy about that either :)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushboy
    I suppose so. What do guys on this forum do when away from home for extended periods? I feel very safe where I holiday and dont feel the need at all for a firearm, but getting there and back is another story. Also would feel a little outa place carrying on the beach.
    If I have to store the gun in a vehicle I store say slide in the vehicle & the frame in the tent.
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast