Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default Damn, just got made...

So today after carrying for almost 1 year + I got made. My manager call me and says " it has come to my attention you are carrying a Firearm" I tell him yes and I have a license for it and done all the training etc. Says no I am not allowed and I must go leave it in my car. I informed him that is illegal and I will not do that and then told me I should then go home and not bring it in on Monday. Had a moerse argument with him regarding its for my safty etc. and that they cannot protect me on my way home, you will not bellieve his reply but he said. Its not our job to provide safty when you are off the property. Its our job to privide safty on the property and that who ever made me does not feel safe with me having the FA. Wanted to discuss it more with him but it will be pointless. There is a No Firearm policy and I will not win should I challenge it and a leaving this job is not an option.

So I was thinking that I need to conceal it more but I'm unsure as how to do this. I carry a CZ 75 and its a bit big and I need to dress formal daily and unfortunately I have no funds at all to fund something more compact.

User

Default Re: Damn, just got made...

Bummer. Is it not possable to install a pistol safe in your office?

User

That's kak!! Sorry to hear Freakazoid! If you find a way to conceal better, keep on carrying!! Just don't take chances that might jeopardize your career!!

I hope all works out!!

User

No, a safe won't be an option at all. Ill look at concealing it better. Not to sure as how though.

User

Eish, that's a toss one. I also have a CZ, but can't carry at work for exactly the same reasons. Now it's knife and ASP - but I have to hide those well. Very well.
    As soon as I arrive home, I strap on that 1kg+ piece of steel. I have been contemplating something smaller, but also sit with budget issues.

User

Sorry to hear that.

Maybe try and store it in you existing bag when you get out of your car at work. If you work at a desk it should be fine to keep it in the bag. However not ideal if you need to go to a meeting or whatever.

I would advise getting a special laptop/gun bag as this might raise suspision after your argument with the boss.

Good luck

User

You COULD respond with aggression and assert you right to carry your licensed firearm into what is clearly not a Firearm Free Zone and ,until they declare it,also not a Gun Free Zone however I suspect this will not earn you any favors with your superiors.

I think the better solution would be to approach your manager and accept that your carrying of a firearm on premises is causing some staff member to feel uncomfortable however you have a delema since you require the weapon for self defense too and from work. Tell him that the best way to resolve this issue is to make the office a formal Gun Free Zone and you are happy to oversee this project. Tell him that in order to do this you will need for the business to purchase 2 or 3 safes in which employees who do have firearms can store them in at the door.

I suspect that if you come to him with a workable solution to this problem it will be far better then just trying to fight your way out of it. Then again if he is a complete ass then this simply wont work. I know that I am much more likely to respond to one of my employees requests if he comes to me with a solution rather than just putting a problem in my lap (which then make him a problem employee in my books).

Might even be better to put this in an email with someone like the HR manager on copy, after all this really should fall under HR's umbrella.

User

Freakazoid Mate... sorry to hear about this. Do you carry inside or outside the waistband?
    I think you are going to need to weigh up your options on the subject. If you are serious about carrying at work and you go forth and conceal better, AND THEN get caught out, what will the implications be?
    I am sure if you spoke to him in a relaxed environment, you could justify reasonably to him why you carry. If not ask if you can supply a safe and install it in your office for keeping your pistol in while you are at work.
    Ask HIM if THAT is ok?

User

Careful with continued ccw, you will be under constant scrutiny for a while. Don't jeopardise your job.

Quote Originally Posted by atunguyd View Post
    You COULD respond with aggression and assert you right to carry your licensed firearm into what is clearly not a Firearm Free Zone and ,until they declare it,also not a Gun Free Zone however I suspect this will not earn you any favors with your superiors.

I think the better solution would be to approach your manager and accept that your carrying of a firearm on premises is causing some staff member to feel uncomfortable however you have a delema since you require the weapon for self defense too and from work. Tell him that the best way to resolve this issue is to make the office a formal Gun Free Zone and you are happy to oversee this project. Tell him that in order to do this you will need for the business to purchase 2 or 3 safes in which employees who do have firearms can store them in at the door.

I suspect that if you come to him with a workable solution to this problem it will be far better then just trying to fight your way out of it. Then again if he is a complete ass then this simply wont work. I know that I am much more likely to respond to one of my employees requests if he comes to me with a solution rather than just putting a problem in my lap (which then make him a problem employee in my books).

Might even be better to put this in an email with someone like the HR manager on copy, after all this really should fall under HR's umbrella.
    A building need not be a formally declared firearm free zone to prohibit firearms on the premises. An owner or possessor of private property may prohibit access by exercising their right to control access.

I am also not certain that even if a building is declared a FFZ that there exists an obligation on the owner to provide storage.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast