Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hi

User

Default Hi

Hello everyone.

New to the forum, not too new to gun-ownership.

I've owned a Taurus PT99 and .38 snubnose, both of which had to make way for the Beretta 96 that I still have today. This is my everyday carry gun, and is always on my person, or next to me when I'm sleeping.

On my wishlist currently is only one gun, being a H&K USP Compact in 9mm. Cost, and not wanting to sit without a firearm for X amount of months while waiting for the application to be declined is what's keeping me from making the trade ;-)

I look forward to learning as much I can from this forum...

WR
    Beware the killer ræbbit of Caerbannog! Look, that ræbbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide. It's a killer!!! He's got huge, sharp... eh, he can leap about... LOOK AT THE BONES!!!
    [URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmu5sRIizdw&sns=em[/URL]

User

Default Re: Hi

Welcome to GunSite WR. How did you like that PT99?

User

Thanks Shooter!

I had no problems with it what-so-ever in the roughly 2 years I had it. What I liked even more about the PT99 compared to the 96 was the 2 week waiting time for license approval as opposed to the 2 and a half years it took me to get the 96's license :-P

Often wished I still had the .38 though as a BUG, or primary when conceilment is really an issue.
    Beware the killer ræbbit of Caerbannog! Look, that ræbbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide. It's a killer!!! He's got huge, sharp... eh, he can leap about... LOOK AT THE BONES!!!

User

Quote Originally Posted by white_ræbbit
    Thanks Shooter!

I had no problems with it what-so-ever in the roughly 2 years I had it. What I liked even more about the PT99 compared to the 96 was the 2 week waiting time for license approval as opposed to the 2 and a half years it took me to get the 96's license :-P

Often wished I still had the .38 though as a BUG, or primary when conceilment is really an issue.
    Very nearly "pulled the trigger" on a PT99, but at the last minute got the Glock. Seems like a solid gun (PT99).

I know what you mean, in 2001 it took me 28 days for four licences - start to finish!

User

It's sad that it's come to this... for ordinary folks you basically marry the initial gun you choose.

User

You could always try and get the USP on an occasional sports lic? ( I know, easier said than done)

User

welome to the nutty world on gunsite

dont trade anything, either licence the USP for sports, speak to a dealer. i've heard of arrangements where you hold one licence and hand in the firearm only on approval of the new SD licence.

User

My "trade-in" on my SD licence was:

1. They decide you can get the licence and inform you (aka you call them every day)
    2. You get rid of your current SD gun
    3. You inform them
    4. They continue issuing the new licence

In other words you are unarmed for however long it takes from approval until you get the card.

Hm, could try moving the 96 over to occasional and at the same time getting the USP on an SD licence. Don't know how that would work.

User

Welcome to GS, try going the occasional sport shooter route, it cant hurt to try?

User

Thanks Lone Ranger! :)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin
    Welcome to GS, try going the occasional sport shooter route, it cant hurt to try?
    I actually want to join a dedicated sport shooter club. Reckon this might make things a LITTLE easier.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter
    Hm, could try moving the 96 over to occasional and at the same time getting the USP on an SD licence. Don't know how that would work.
    I think the question here would be if they see it as a "new application" or a "change of status" on the existing license. I.o.w. if you apply for it(your existing license) in a different category, and it's declined, is your current license null and void because maybe they see it as a new application voiding your current one... it doesn't make sense that it'd be that way, but hey, it's the SA government... md217

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast