Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: NITECORE lights

Default NITECORE lights

http://nitecoresa.co.za/ has anyone used any of their products? If so are they any good?

im looking to buy the MT2A @ R460

thanks.

User

Default Re: NITECORE lights

Those look decent, wonder if anyone can give a review on them

Isn't that an AA battery light? I have a couple of similar Chinee AA lights that work great for utility...one stays in the car glove box and another in the kitchen...but I would not recommend any AA light for tactical or weapon mounted use.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

ikor,

I am sure I am missing something in my thinking. Can you tell me why you feel that the the type/shape of the battery used makes it unrecommended for weapon mounted use?

They had a stand at the sadpa league at CDPC. Some of the lights work vir CR123's. I was quite impressed with them overall.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

Quote Originally Posted by atunguyd View Post
    ikor,

I am sure I am missing something in my thinking. Can you tell me why you feel that the the type/shape of the battery used makes it unrecommended for weapon mounted use?
    CR123 batteries generate 3.2 volts each (approximtely). That is about twice what AA batteries generate. Thus you get twice the power per battery. Lithium AA's last longer and give more constant discharge but cost more than CR123s do and still generate only about half the power. Alkaline AA's have very short lives and are often prone to leak if left in a device for long periods of time. 500 OTF Lumens with a combination of good 'throw' (range) and 'spill' (spread) is the current minimum for a serious use hand held or weapon mounted light IMO.

While rechargable AA and CR123 equalivant batteries do exist, I have never yet seen any that equal their non-rechargable cousins, not to mention that I have also seen more than one light powered by rechargables go dead at the worst of times. Now this is all well and good for a utility light, but for a light carried (or kept at bedside) for SD use or one mounted on a weapon, I personally will not chance it, nor will a great many cops and military members I know.

Finding mounts that will fit AA lights is not real easy and when you do, you are still faced with the length of the light when trying to position it. Lastly, even good quality lights using CR123 batteries are usually not designed for being weapon mounted because they do not isolate the batteries from the positive contact / circuit board on the bottom of the LED. This can lead to battering under heavier recoil loads. It will usually work if using a 5.56 rifle, for instance, but a lightweight shotgun with Buck or Slugs may have a problem. Those that use AA's are even more prone to this issue.

Being able to grab AA batteries at the local shop is great, but the low power outputs (despite what the Chinee manufacturers may claim) and other disadvantages kills any AA light for serious use IMO. BTW...no one as yet makes a pistol-mountable AA WML either.

Remember...you need enough light to see as much as possible. To light up 'dark holes' etc, and then to identify and deal with threats or potential threats. The difference between 100 and 250 lumens is huge, but going to 500-700 is so great you must use them to believe it. Good lights are not expensive...they are priceless.
    Run Fast, Bite Hard!

User

Hi Guys,our lights are durable and tested against the ANSI (American National Standards Institute) F1 Standard http://nitecoresa.co.za/?page_id=1250 I have inserted some information on that. It is a new standard to standarize the testing of lumens (light output of the light); light intensity; beam distance; water resistance and impact resistance world wide - so the consumer can compare apples with apples when purchasing a flashlight.

User

I recently aquired the MT26 from NiteCore. I chatted with Louis and Celesti at two different shows, then went to their premises where Louis once again demonstrated a few models. I was impressed by their product knowledge, and knowledge about lighting in general. For once I didn't get that blank look when I mentioned something about colour temperature.

As I'm a guide, my light get used on a daily basis, and I'm hoping to soon test it mounted on my .375 Ruger and a .458 Win Mag. Will update the thread once done with that testing. As for overall built quality, it is exceptional, and the light output is nothing short of impressive, throwing a very wide usable beam (it actually take some getting used to, with other lights having a much more focused beam), yet the distance is still good.

Excellent value for money, and if I have to buy another light, it will be another one from the NiteCore series.

Banned

I have the P25 - 860 lumens in my hand. Strobe function, rechargeable batteries, dimmable function, etc. etc.

Best torch I have ever owned. Will not consider another brand!

I have the SRT6 - with some filter and defuser accessories - and am VERY HAPPY with my purchase.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 4

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast