Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Backup Phone.

Default Backup Phone.

Good day. How many of you 'carry' a BUP ? Not 'Boep' we all have one of those from acertain age :-). I do, I consider it as part of my personal protection. They are different networks if maybe my primary phone has no signal in a specific area. Do you keep on with you, in the car etc ?

User

I have a prepaid in the cubby. Different network. Makes sense to be prepared!

Default Re: Backup Phone.

Interesting idea. I have family living on a farm, and they have standardised on an old model Nokia. It seems they buy them up for cheap wherever they can, have quite a large number of them. All numbers are saved on the sim cards, and when the one phone's battery goes, just insert the sim into one of the others and you are gtg. More secure than radio and more mobile.

So your idea of a BUP has quite some merit, I think.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

For sure ! Especially with a Blackberry who are renowned for excellent battery life. Another thing is when you get mugged or robbed at a rural area or where ever, atleast you'll have a BUP.

User

Yes, I've been EDCing a BUP for just over a year now(on different networks). Some people think that I'm crazy but I think that it is the same people that would freak out if they knew that I was EDCing a gun. The combined weight and volume of the two phones are still less than those old brick phones everyone used to carry around with a smile.

User

Quote Originally Posted by killzone View Post
    For sure ! Especially with a Blackberry who are renowned for excellent battery life. Another thing is when you get mugged or robbed at a rural area or where ever, atleast you'll have a BUP.
    For battery and signal, I agree but if your EDC equipment (knife, gun, training) is as it should be, you should never be a victim of a mugging or robbery, and if they do mug you, they will certainly take both phones.

But yes, I carry 2 phones on different networks. One "phone for business" and one "private phone"

User

Quote Originally Posted by MAB View Post
    For battery and signal, I agree
    Yes, I have a smart phone and a long lasting battery phone as BUP. My smartphone's battery can last a while but not if you use it to peek at whats happening on Gunsite every now and then So if you don't manage your charging times well, you will sit with a useless phone some time or another (even if it's just for a short period of time). As murphy would have it, the time you really need the phone, the battery will be dead/almost dead or you will have no signal.

User

One day when I have a bigger car, (I currently have a little ford fiesta) I plan on having a BUP in the trunk connected to a charger, connected to the power supply. Never want to get stuck in the boot without a way to call for help!

Seems a lot of people are thrown in their car's trunk these days, when they're hi jacked that is. Soem people (Sheep) would say that your gesture is absurd and crazy. I say, not a bad idea Mate ! ;-)

User

Quote Originally Posted by TJ-Flames View Post
    One day when I have a bigger car, (I currently have a little ford fiesta) I plan on having a BUP in the trunk connected to a charger, connected to the power supply. Never want to get stuck in the boot without a way to call for help!
    And if ur car doesnt already have a tracker then vodacom look for me service is a great alternitive

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast