User

Default Section 21 permit

I have dedicated hunter status and have applied for an additional 2 rifles about 2 months ago. Would it be possible to get a section 21 permit to take them into my possession?

Thanks

Default Re: Section 21 permit

You could apply. Whether they give it to you or not is a different issue.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

That's actually a very interesting question!

Just yesterday I've lodged a urgent Section 21 application, not forgetting to draw their attention to the 7 day to process stipulated in the regulation (for SA citizens). While I am not deluding myself that SAPS can issue me the authorization in one week, I have discussed the issue of timing in length with my DFO. From the questions she was asking me, I was left with the impression that if I had the license to possess application in the system already, section 21 application could have been dealt with bit more promptly. She did not say what the process is, just implied the above.

Regrettably, I have my own reasons why I have not lodged the licence application sooner, but guess what I am going to do next week - full flipping application backed by the most comprehensive motivation SAPS would have seen in their life!

Also, I was impressed how they've checked on their system if the information I supplied wrt where I keep the firearm right now and the legality of it - the query was instant, 30 sec max, and the DFO wrote something on the application while I was busy with other parts of it and that was it - no SAP350 page needed.

Now, if they can handle one query that quick using their system, why have not they automated the whole process along the similar lines and give as the licenses and permits while-we-wait?

That would be the day!

User

Quote Originally Posted by iFly
    Now, if they can handle one query that quick using their system, why have not they automated the whole process along the similar lines and give as the licenses and permits while-we-wait?

That would be the day!
    Indeed, that would be the day for celebration and celebration and..... hpy180 hpy180 hpy180