Default 9mm federal hollow points

Hi there.just bought 9mm federal hollow points.want to no how decent they are.im carrying them.10 bucks each.dnt know if i was ripped off

Default Re: 9mm federal hollow points

Federal will function reliably, and yes, it's probably the premier manufacturer of ammo. Ballistic test /bullet performance can be found via google.com.

Speer Gold Dot Hollow Point seems to have the lead here stateside in the LE market. I personally use the 124gr load in all my carry guns.

User

Quote Originally Posted by zaheer
    Hi there.just bought 9mm federal hollow points.want to no how decent they are.im carrying them.10 bucks each.dnt know if i was ripped off
    Federal Hi-shok 115gr or 124gr Federal Hydra-shok? Both are decent, but old designs.
    I however found the 124gr Hydra-shok fragmented in most of my testing scenario's (in water, not great but you get the idea), not keen
    on JHP's that fragment apart from the Sierra Sportsmasters (Cor-bon)

Where did you find them? Seems R10/round is on the lower end of the average price scale, so not bad.

11bv4 is right about Speer Gold Dots, I personally carry the 124gr +P flavour which is a proven, reliable round.

User

Zaheer,

Help us here.

What "Federal Holoow Points" did you buy.

Please understand (and no disrespect) but it's like saying "I bought a BMW for R10k, was I ripped"? errr... okay, which BMW exactly? The 316, the 318, the 320i, the 323 or the 325 or was it maybe the bigger series, the 5 or 7 series? And then what year? etc etc etc etc

If you ask the question properly, you get a (better) proper answer.

Let us know so that we can help.

Or call me direct: Geoff @ Southern Arms on 011-444-5470 or 084-680-0409 (does that cover "fair disclosure"?).